No rating

Blessed Sacrament School

Private | PK-8 | 48 students

Living in Staten Island

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $333,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,520.

Posted May 6, 2010

In the 10 years that I have been a Blessed Sacrament, Staten Island, Parishioner, we have been part of a caring parish where children come first. From our pastor to the custodians, everyone embodies a spirit of community that you can only find in a Catholic school. Many positive changes have occurred over the years from extracurricular activities to technology. I have never seen a school where all the school along with the parish organizations work together so well. The teachers genuinely have the students' best interest at heart.

Posted May 5, 2010

Teachers are great and keep kids motivated.Safe environment

Posted May 5, 2010

teachers genuinely interested in their students.

Posted May 4, 2010

It has the best support from the church and the families on staten island.

Posted May 4, 2010

i have never seen a catholic school like this one. the parents, grandparents and most of all staff cannot do enough to make the experiences these children have, memorable ones.They all go above and beyond.

Posted May 3, 2010

The teachers are great. They care for our kids. They take the time to teach and listen to our children. I love how the love of Jesus is shown to them on their terms.

Posted May 3, 2010

The school is wonderful. We have great teachers and parents who care about all of the children. Go BSS!!!!

Posted May 3, 2010

This is a great school because the teachers really care and it's like a second family to the students.

Posted May 2, 2010

The school community at Blessed Sacrament is the BEST. Everyone is so supportive of eachother.

Posted May 2, 2010

My kids enjoy the school which makes me love the school.

Posted May 2, 2010

They are such a caring school and they push our children to be their best.

Posted May 2, 2010

Great community of people at this school and my children are doing great here!!!!

Posted May 2, 2010

I love Blessed Sacrament school there are many dedicated teachers to help our children grow and be the best they can be. My 2 children love going to school.

Posted May 1, 2010

I love Blessed Sacrament School because they combine tried and true teaching methods, with contemporary techniques and technology. The students enter High School armed with outstanding work habits and skills. Our students often go on to college, become professionals of varying degree and make an overall positive impression on those whose path they cross. The school imparts an outstanding academic and spiritual foundation for its graduates.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 1, 2010

I am very pleased with the education that my 2 children are receiving at BSS.

Posted April 30, 2010

As an alumni of this school, I am proud that my daughter is now a student at Blessed Sacrament in Staten Island, NY.

Posted April 30, 2010

My 3 children are the 4th generation of my family to attend Blessed Sacrament and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's like an extension of my family.

Posted April 30, 2010

As a graduate of Blessed Sacrament, I am glad my children also get to share and learn the same values that were taught to me attending Catholic School.

Posted November 15, 2007

My daughter attends the Nursery program at the Blessed Sacrament school. I feel that the principal is not nurturing nor engaged. She appears to be more concerned and focused with the fundraising obligations than other things that should be deemed important. She is often curt and could be viewed as sarcastic. Furthermore, it is highly frustrating that the schools academic scores are not posted for the private school because I'm wondering if the scores are reflective of the schools dry and disengaged attitude.

Posted May 9, 2006

Great school, parent involvement is high.

Asian 3% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Linda Magnusson
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
  • Other Montessori

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New York

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

830 Delafield Avenue