PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

NDA isn't what it used to be when Sr. Rose was principal. It's not the worst, but certainly no longer the best either. Many girls in my daughter's class misbehave and the teacher seems to have no control. Same thing we experienced in previous years. Sr. Rose took disciplinary action to ensure NDA girls became proper women of society. Unfortunately there's only one class per grade so there's no way out. I'm hoping the girls mature with age and future teachers have more experience & sternness to control this bunch. Academically, NDA gives a well-rounded education. Still, Science and Social Studies could be better. Right now they don't have textbooks and only memorize facts for test purposes. The Reading/ELA is too slow IMO. My daughter is at least 2 reading level ahead of what they do in class. Math is okay but not challenging--I know some public schools that are way more advanced in this area. Parents tend to supplement at home or with Kumon. I do like the culture and society of NDA overall, and what it should represent, so I won't take my daughter out yet. She's still on the young side so I'll wait a few more years since there should be improvement in the upper grades. Tutoring is offered but nothing is done too really help the bright students. The middle school has an AP program, but we didn't get that far yet.

My daughter transferred to NDA this past September. She is happy and has made lots of new friends and joined a few sports teams. On the academic side, we have no complaints.

My daughter loves school at NDA, I couldn't be happier. This was a last minute decision, and a great one!

I would not recommend this school to any parents out there searching for a place for their daughter to learn and grow in their catholic education.

My personal experience with NDA has been the absolute epitome of unsatisfactory. The administration as others have said before me are lacking communication. I felt that they prioritized their interests over my daughters. However, the education that NDA offers is rigorous yet effective. If you choose to send your daughter to this school, then you are sending her for the education and the education only. Not the compassion and warmth that other schools offer.

My daughter attends NDA. She has been constantly bullied and teased non-stop for the past 6 months. The administration lacks overall communication and efficiency, which my daughter could have found somewhere else. I do not recommend this school to parents.

My daughter attends NDA. She has been attending since the 5th grade. She is consistently being verbally and physically harassed. I feel as though nothing is being done about this situation since she comes home depressed constantly, and feels unworthy of affection anymore. I hope that this situations being taken care of and that the outcome will improve soon, but fear that this will not happen before she is gone, since this has been taking place over a long period of time.

Very welcome school and friendly, my daughter adjusted very well Teachers are very involved and knows your child

Notre Dame Academy is in a league of it's own. You will notice it the minute you enter the property. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The students are well mannered and kind to each other and to the parents and staff. There is something special about the atmosphere and about the girls that attend the school. They are taught to be well rounded and independent. Academically they are challenged to reach their full potential. Socially they are nurtured to be giving and kind young ladies. I am proud to be an NDA parent and share in the wonderful family environment the school offers.

NDA is an amazing gem on the hill: The grounds are beautiful. The buildings are completely modernized--like no other school I've seen. The faculty and staff are caring and nurturing to the children, which is reflected in the children's kindness to each other. The academics are rigorous but appropriate. And the families are supportive and help to build a great community.

Last modified Notre Dame Academy Elementary is a Private school that serves grades PK-8