Staten Island, NY

Our Lady Of Good Counsel 4

Posted January 26, 2011
We are extremely pleased with OLGC. Our son has begun Pre-K this year. The teacher is extremely smart, caring and communicative regarding our son's progress. He has learned a lot and is enjoying himself. The families have all been welcoming and the older students are very respectful and perform well on exams.

Our Lady Of Good Counsel 4

Posted January 18, 2011
I think is a very good school, I always review my children s progress and talk to them about what they learn at school and I am satisfied. There is a lot of extra-curricular activities and you can see the principal s guidance every time. As in every school, some teachers are simply great and the rest is mediocre. The only problem it is that the bathrooms are not the cleanest, this is a complaint my children have every year.

Our Lady Of Good Counsel 1

Posted January 02, 2011
I am in the 7th grade in olgc and the teachers put a label on you once you hit 6th grade. if you tell the teacher that someone is poking you automatically you become the tattletale if you ask 1 question that has already been answered you are now know as person who askss way to manny stupid questions. Also the teachers tell us not to gossip but they sit in the teachers lunchroom and TALK ABOUT ALL OF THE STUDENTS. Then teachers come back tto us and bring it up the principal embarrasses you infront of every one at lunch if she wants to talk to you she comes up to your table and says it infront of everyine like come on!!!!!!.

Our Lady Of Good Counsel 1

Posted May 02, 2010
i know many people think Our Lady of Good counsel is a great school, but think of the way your child thinks when he/she is going through when they are probably being taunted, ignored, and treated like their nothing. My daughter who is in the 6th grade this year comes home asking for stuff that many girls have because they won't talk to her or treat her like she's not like them or even there. They call her retarded and stupid if she tries to be herself and ends up crying. Try asking your child what they think of that school and think of the ways that he/she might be treated.

Posted February 10, 2010
I go to OLGC, and I'm in eighth grade and i graduate in 2010. I am thrilled with my school, and I've been there since Pre-K. The Teachers and staff are wonderful people, and most know me by my first (and last) name. It is small, my class being on the larger side, with 33 graduating teens. The education here has managed to land me a full scholarship to Moore Catholic HS, which I'm thrilled with. I'd trust anyone in this school.

Posted June 05, 2009
It is awsome cause your going on trips like the musem of natuer history!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Lady Of Good Counsel 3

Posted December 18, 2008

Posted March 15, 2008

Our Lady Of Good Counsel 0

Posted October 06, 2003
Two of my children are currently in OLGC. I think this school provides an excellent education. There is just the one problemn that all the Catholic elementary schools have and that is that the students have the same teachers in 6,7,&8 grade, by the second year with the same teachers I think there is too much familiarity. The principal does a better than excellent job, she is very hands on. It is a warm and friendly environment. I would highly reccomend this school.

Our Lady Of Good Counsel
42 Austin Place, Staten Island, NY  10304
Last modified Our Lady Of Good Counsel is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Good Counsel Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top