No rating

St Adalbert School

Private | PK-8 | 302 students

Living in Staten Island

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $243,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,420.

Posted July 28, 2013

I've been going to this school since pre-k, and I love it here. The teachers and staff are really nice. Now I'm going into 7th grade, and my 6th grade teacher did a great job on preparing my class for the state tests. Everyone here is like family.

Posted December 3, 2012

My daughter goes to this school, teachers and staff are very friendly, the principal and assistant principal are very nice, I love how they wait for the students outside in front of the school and even help get them out the car..HOWEVER there are TOO MANY FEES! every week there are multiple fees, for anything and everything they can think of! I can hardly keep up! Almost Everything is mandatory...they really need to slow down on those "fee for this" and "fee for that" it really adds up.

Posted February 28, 2012

My sons' attended this school a couple of years ago and I must say the school was a very bad experience. Teachers teach their own children and show favoritism when it comes to giving rewards for academics. The priest affiliated with the school shows no support in anything. Would not recommend this school to anyone!!!!

Posted June 24, 2010

THE SCHOOL IS NICE WE ARE VERY PATRIOTIC.I WISH THE FOD WAADS BETER AND IF IWE HASD MUSIC MANY CHILREN ARE NICE AND REPECTFUL A LOT OF THE TIME WE HAVE A SCHOOL ASSEMBLY THEY ARE KIND OF BORING ONLY 2 WERE BORNING I AM A 5TH GRADE STUDENT AND FOR ST.ADALBERT THIS SCHOOL HAS EVERY THING BUT LACROSE,TRACK,AND MUSIC .I WANT TO SAY MORE BUT IHAVE TO GO TO ST. ADALBERT SUMMER CAMP OVER ALL I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT SCHOOL AND THEY ARE LIKE MY FAMILY.

Posted November 10, 2009

Great school. The children are misbehaved and some show no respect. The teachers are wonderful and the principal is fantastic.

Posted June 29, 2009

I had my kids enrolled in this school. Both were taken out I was not satisfy with the handling of discipline issues. They seem more preoccupied with collecting their monthly fee and dont encourage the children to express their indiviuality freely of course within reasonable means. Thought this would be better than a public school I was disappointed.

Posted June 3, 2009

Excellent school, well organized, they offer evrerything a child needs

Posted January 11, 2009

I am the parent of a 3rd grade student at St. Adalbert's and I am very pleased with the school and the staff there. My son began schooling here in Pre-K and is progressing very well. I think his teacher this year Ms. Patricia Maiara must be commended for her teaching skills and the attention she gives to her students. My son comes home happy every day and shows great progress in his reading, language arts and math skills. Hoping for 5 more years here and more teachers like Ms. Maiara.

Posted November 3, 2008

The pricipal is great and a few of the staff. The school is safe, which I am grateful for. The HUGE downfall is the amount of money they ask for, and I'm not talking tuition. The monthly tuition is reasonable, but every time I turn around they are asking for more money. Money for a basket, a play, after school, LUNCH and Breakfast (which isn't a combo deal) is ridiculous, Yard duty, Dress down, Parties.. anything you can think of OR they can think of is going to cost you! It's insane. I don't know how I survived 2 years. In these times, what $3 here $30 there, it's too much!!

Posted October 6, 2008

St. Adlaberts schol is Great!. I love this school. I attened here since 7th grade. Now in 8th Grade.. My teachers are great.. we always laugh and make jokes with the teachrs.. we share the greatest bond ever.. and that lets me know that i can come to any teacher for anything or any problem i have and i know they will take care of me. All the students get along here.. there are NO clicks.. if you want to hang with the cheerleaders.. do so.. they won't exclude you.. they will alwys welcome you.. like the basket ball players... and the 'rockers' . :).. i think i have made life long firends in this school. The priciple is funny and loving and careful.. Shes the best on Staten Isand.

Posted September 19, 2008

I love this school. My son and daughter both attend and I always feel that they are safe when in school. The principal is wonderful and really cares about the students and school. Even though it is a small school, my children learn a great deal.

Posted June 24, 2008

Five Star school. Great prinipal,great teachers. They have smart boards in the classrooms. I cannot say enough about how caring and friendly everyone is. I wish they had a high school, because my child would stay on for four years.

Posted February 12, 2008

I think St.Adalbert school is a great school. There aren't cliques where students are excluded. Sixth, seventh and eighth grade students switch classes to get a bit of what high school is like.

Posted January 13, 2008

This school as educated my three childen who went on to get scholorships to high school and the little one is still there flourishing. You are doing yourself a huge justice by sending your child to this little tiny school in the heart of Elm Park

Posted August 14, 2006

I go to St.Adalbert school and i personal think it is not such a good school.We have music and art as a extracurricular act.We also have spanish but we have it once a week and the 7th grade is on the same level at the 5th grade in spanish.

Asian 7% N/A
Two or more races 3% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Diane L. Hesterhagen
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New York

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

355 Morningstar Road