St John Villa Academy - High School 3

Posted April 14, 2012
As a former student in the Scholar's Program- my education was great. It was so challenging in a good way and when I look back, all I remember doing was studying all the time. . . .which is a positive! The majority of my teachers, definitely NOT all of them, were experts in their subjects and taught us well - especially for the Regents exams. However, whenever it came to extra curricular activities, or needing even a minor favor or guidance from administration, all Villa ever did was play favorites based on who was friendly with what coach/secretary/etc and favored the class clowns instead of disciplining them. The quiet girls were always pushed aside- grades and effort were never ever rewarded- let alone acknowledged. So basically they preach the values but never put their words into action. College was such a breathe of fresh air after dealing with 4 difficult years here.

St John Villa Academy - High School 4

Posted June 17, 2011
My daughter is a graduate of Villa. She went on to a state college in Pennsylvania and is currently an appointed teacher in NYC. I think Villa did an excellent job of teaching her and preparing her for the regents exams. I think the small population and the girls only setting allowed her to excel in ways a large city school never would have.

St John Villa Academy - High School 1

Posted December 05, 2009
This school is one of the worst schools on staten island my daughter is miserable and says the teachers are horrible

Posted July 17, 2008

St John Villa Academy - High School 0

Posted March 30, 2008
My daughter is a freshman and I find that the nuns are very nurturing and she is having an awesome time. The environment is good for her and she is very challenged in the Scholars program, it was the right choice for her.

Posted March 27, 2008
SJVA is an awesome school which provides a nurturing environment for teenage girls. My daughter is a student at SJVA and has been doing exceptional. She enjoys the school very much. It was a great decision to send here there! I have a daughter that goes to SJHA which is also a great school, but places a lot of demands on the girls...sometimes overloading the stress on the girls. That school actually broken down my daughters enjoyment for school/learning. SJVA is a great school!

Posted December 07, 2007

Posted November 11, 2007

St John Villa Academy - High School
25 Landis Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10305
Last modified St John Villa Academy - High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St John Villa Academy - High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top