Staten Island, NY

Posted July 30, 2014
I literally had the WORST years of my life here. I was severely bullied and the teachers didn't even try and help me even after multiple letters of complaint. The teachers are horrendous. The quality of students is HORRIFIC. It was cliquey and snooty. I would never recommend this school to anyone. Love, A successful Hilltopper.

Posted July 01, 2014
This school was a huge disappointment to us. Teachers are below mediocre - will not a move a finger or put any enthusiasm into teaching. Getting a meeting with my child's teacher was nearly impossible. She'd literrally race out the door as soon as kids are dismissed. Principal is just for show - she never has time for anybody or anything. I requested an appointment many times and the one response I get she is busy - realy busy every day for the next month ?!! And the quality of education is just not there - Kindergarten has 40 kids in the class!!! Teacher has no clue who is who. Needless to say we will not be coming back for next year.

Posted February 07, 2014
They are backdated in technology the principal does nothing but cover up the bullying issues the monsignor does nothing but look at the parish and school members as envolopes the faculty makes the children solve their bullying problems when the students might be scared or worried to face their bully and i will do anything i have to prevent new parish or school members to OLSS it is a descrase it makes me sick

Our Lady Star of the Sea 4

Posted June 07, 2012
Two of my three daughters attend Our Lady Star of the Sea. Classes range from Pre-K to 8th Grade. I like this school because I feel strong about Religion and OLSS teaches and uses religion in some form every day. My children are safe and all visitors are seen through security cameras and must be buzzed in. The teachers are educated and most teach well. Spanish is taught in fifth through eighth grades. The students are well prepared to move to the next grade and equally prepared for high school. Computer class is only once a week, if that. Gym class is once to twice a week and the Gym teacher is phenomenal. There is such a variety of activities from week-to-week and the children are engaged. Children are taught a sense of Community by volunteer work and the yearly celebration of Catholic Schools Week. Many sports are present at OLSS such as Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Swimming, Track, Basketball and Cheerleading. Boy and Girl Scouts are also present at OLSS. Children can also join Alter Servers, Teen Club and participate in the Annual School Variety Show and other class performances held throughout the year.

Posted June 18, 2011
OLSS is an excellent school. Structured program A plus. For the most part teachers are excellent. Principles are fantastic and caring. I have 3 children in the school who are doing beautifully!! OLSS are up to date w/ Technology .My husband and I are both very happy .

Posted June 01, 2011
This school taught me a great deal about values and responsibilities and provided a solid foundation of morals that helped shape me into the man I am today.

Posted March 03, 2011
Demanding learning program. involved parents and teachers. the entire school is a family, children, staff and parents. the children are mature and caring. my children's test scores were great. they are well prepared for the HS of their choice. with scholarships. Thank You to Ms. C and Ms. T.

Our Lady Star of the Sea 0

Posted November 14, 2010
Both of my children have attended OLSS and have received the highest quality of education. They were both well prepared for High School and life. Thank you OLSS for giving my children values.

Posted November 12, 2010
The sense of community and value of education.

Our Lady Star of the Sea 0

Posted November 08, 2010
This is best school and gives you great education

Our Lady Star of the Sea
5411 Amboy Rd, Staten Island, NY  10312
Last modified Our Lady Star of the Sea is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Star of the Sea Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top