No rating

St Teresa School

Private | PK-8 | 24 students

Student diversity

Living in Staten Island

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $370,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,500.

Posted May 21, 2014

This school is amazing. My son currently goes there and so will my starting next year. The school is very welcoming. Since day one I realized that besides a great education, my son will now have an extended family. I have a school on the same block as I live, but I know it will not provide the safety and education that St.Teresa provides.

Posted May 21, 2014

As a parent of a student in STS I can truly say I know I have made the best choice for my daughter to be in STS. All of the reviews are true, it's not only a school....it's an extended family. Every child in every grade has the opportunity to be part of the school community to learn life skills including how to work together. The principal, administrator and teachers all are so caring and strive for growth and excellence. Monsignor makes faith and religion something the kids truly want to be a part of which is a special gift. It's a hidden treasure on SI to have a school like this. One that instills values, education and old fashioned respect.

Posted May 19, 2014

I have 2 children that currently attend St. Teresa's and a third that will be there in another year. The teachers have been great and I am amazed at what my kids have learned. I think the best reviews come from the students, and my children love going to this school. In addition, the other students and their families are a great support system for both my children and for us as parents. It's a great community to be a part of.

Posted May 17, 2014

What a great school can not believe how knowledgeable and respectful my 2 grader is !! This school is amazing , amazing teachers amazing students and great family's everyone helps each other out it is one big family !! Every parent has a close relationship !! That I will not find elsewhere!!! Me personally grown to hate Staten Island I want to move to a giant house in nj so bad but I will not pull my daughter away from this school I value it to much and all the staff and family's I will not find elsewhere !! The class sizes are small it's a wonderful place to send your children !!! Ms Dempsey treats each student as her own child and is a amazing woman !!

Posted May 16, 2014

My 2 girls have attended St. Teresa's school for the past three years and i am thrilled with the school and the education that they are receiving. Besides the excellent academic education, they are also being taught the importance of religion in their daily lives and that it is something to be proud of. The class sizes are manageable so that each child receives the attention they need. One of my daughters needed a little extra assistance with reading and after reaching out to the principal and teacher we were able to come up with a plan to help boost her skills.

Posted March 21, 2014

St. Teresa school in Staten Island is a wonderful school. Having attended catholic school from Kindergarten through High School, there was no question when it came to my children's education. While my experience was pleasant, it was no comparison to the amazing education they are receiving. Not only are they well educated academically, but the values and morals they instill in this school surpass excellence. You truly feel like you are part of a family; and can rely on any parent/teacher to help any child in need at anytime. It is a close knit school welcoming each new member with open arms. This is a rare find, especially in this day and age. Great education, great morals, along with a loving safe environment for my children; can't beat that in my book!

Posted March 20, 2014

St. Teresa Catholic School is by far one of the best catholic schools on SI. Yes, they are a bit more expensive then some, but for the cost you truly are getting a wonderful return on your investment. The is within the Todt Hill Section of SI with a population of the middle-upper class. The students are provided top notch education and wonderful additional activities to participate in. They have their own baseball field and the cub/girl scouts run out of the schools. It really has everything you could possibly want from a school.

Posted April 1, 2013

I did not attend catholic school, so I wasn't aware of the incredible advantages of sending my child to one. Now that we are in St. Teresa's, I wouldn't consider sending them anywhere else. The sense of community, of safety, of excellence for education and advancement is apparent almost everyday my child is there. The staff, faculty, and parents are hands on which definitely makes a huge difference. The classroom sizes are perfect, their extra curricular activities are incredible and the events they host throughout the year really make it a wonderful community school. I highly recommend for anyone considering Catholic school in Staten Island. St. Teresa's is worth checking out!

Posted October 18, 2010

This school is exactly what I wanted for my little girl. The importance of family and faith are with her everyday. She works so hard and comes out everyday filled with new knowledge. St. Teresa's is a school that everyone should look up to. It has a strong following and you can tell from a mile away how important their students are to them. Best decision I made for my daughters education.

Posted May 15, 2010

We love St. Teresa it is a wonderful parish school that put's our children first!

Posted May 14, 2010

My 2 daughters went there and they were very happy and they got a wonderful education,great teachers...I was very happy

Posted April 7, 2009

My child is in PreK there, and has some minor learning issues. I have tried to contact the school on several occasions over the past school year to discuss her progress. I am still awaiting a call back from the principal Mrs. Catherine Dempsey from a month ago. I have left four messages (one per week) and sent three faxes with no response. If your child has special needs I would not recommend this school.

Posted June 30, 2008

I attend saint teresa school. It is a safe enviroment and religion is teached strongly. It is a strict school but to not get in trouble all you have to do is behave and have fun. The one thing that is a problem is that it is expensive. But above all i love it.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 20, 2007

This school offers the perfect buling blocks to an excellent career. It fully inforces the basics and challenges every child. The children have manners and teachers are extrodinary. My children have scored high on the ITBS tests every year. The parent involvement is very high. The sports program is great. My children truly love their school.

Posted January 29, 2007

My children have scored well above average on both ITBS, ELA and TACHS. The leadership is solid. I applaud this principal in her ability to increase standardized test scores and to raise children to at least one year or more beyond their age level in every grade. This is a woman who is intelligent, intuitive, astute and well gifted in guiding children to become their personal best. The teachers have been excellent and parent involvement good. With so many working moms I find it difficult to think that any school has enough volunteers, yet the school is nicely serviced by dedicated parents. Safety and discipline rank high here and children are well supervised. Sports/scouting afford many ops for students. The overall quality of this school has grown significantly over the last few years. It is worth every dime of tuition and is very worthy of consideration for elementary school education.

• Catherine Dempsey
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious