Staten Island, NY

Moore Catholic High School 4

Posted March 20, 2014
Very nice school with a beautiful campus,and very helpful faculty.Everybody says the teenagers at Moore are respectful and caring.

Posted September 29, 2013
moore is really good. teachers are great, administration is great. beautiful campus and and wonderful athletic programs.

Posted November 07, 2012
This school is exceptional! What a wonderful staff that encourages its students to excel above and beyond their potentials. The students are treated with respect and are cared for in a manner you will not find anywhere else. The new principal is energetic with strong leadership and will take this school and its students to exceed beyond the stars. Many will remain in awe.

Moore Catholic High School 1

Posted October 04, 2011
I concur with the comment below and add that my 72 year old mother called Moore one day to ask that they please lower the volume of the speakers because it was terribly disturbing my father who has hydrocephalus and suffers from dementia. My mother was told by a coach to "Go f-ck herself!" I point out that there was an public incident investigated by the local press involving a football coach the last few years who was fired because he kept using profane lanuage against Moore students during a football game in front of their parents. Despite the fact that the parents were wittness to the incident themselves, the principal continued to deny it until his hand was forced. The school is run by violent, foul mouthed thugs. Not a place that sets a fine example to young minds. I strongly recommend against sending your children here. You'll be very sorry.

Moore Catholic High School 1

Posted October 04, 2011
The problem with the football field, or rather the football coaches, are symptomaptic of a general attitude embodied by his Royal Holiness Principal McManus. As can be checked using a web search, in the past two or so years McManus also tried to sneak through the building of a large radio tower on school property, for which he was offered a sizable sum of money, while preventing the local community to have a vote despite the fact that this is breaking the law. An added problem was that the radio tower was a potential health hazard to students and the local community. The ensuing media blitz brought McManus to a halt and put the tower to a community vote at the local board where it was flatly defeated. McManus does not have the interests of the school or local community in mind and it is a wonder that parents-- or the board of trustees-- allow this rogue to continue on as principal. Moore will not be a good school until there is regime change and McManus and all his coaches are removed.

Posted May 01, 2011
The Principal, Assistant Principal, Staff and Teachers make this school into a community which leaves the students with the desire to learn and go forward into life prepared as young adults. My children did very well here.

Posted October 25, 2010
This school is an excellent school. I am very happy with this school. The teachers are excellent & my child loves going to school every morning. All my children went to different Catholic High Schools on Staten Island & this one is by far the best. . Walking into Moore It feels like family. I am happy my child will have great years ahead of her in Moore Catholic & make friends that will last a lifetime.

Moore Catholic High School 0

Posted October 19, 2010
Moore Catholic High School was one of the best choices I have made in my lifetime. It truly prepares you academically as well as spiritually for everything that may come our way in the years to come. They have numerous programs and clubs that students can become involved in. I was part of the swim team, dance in performing arts, National Honors Society and I was apart of Teaching the Christian Message. Each and every club in Moore is designed around the students' needs and always benefits one another. They always took into consideration outside help as well. For example, we would have car washes to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis or a bake sale to raise money for Cancer Research. Once a year, we would ask each homeroom to collect goods to send to the troops overseas. The staff and teachers were beyond caring. Every teacher would go out of his or her way to help a student succeed. The staff was so kind and generous to everyone. Our principal, Mr. McManus and our vice principal, Mrs.Panfilo, were not only the authoritative individuals, but almost like our second family. They were down to earth and easy to talk to. They made sure Moore became our second home while attending it and even after graduation. I always know I can go back and receive a warm welcome! Moore Catholic has shaped me into the wonderful and mature young lady I am today. I now attend Palm Beach Atlantic University on a scholarship as a pre-pharmacy major. Without the backbone from Moore, I know I would not be were I am today. It was the best four years of my life!

Posted October 19, 2010
GET A GREAT EDUCATION AND HAVE A WONDERFUL HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE

Posted October 18, 2010
My oldest daughter just graduated in June 2010 and I have a sophomore in Moore this year....this school is one big family!

Moore Catholic High School
100 Merrill Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10314
Last modified Moore Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Moore Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top