Staten Island, NY
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted September 28, 2014
SIA is in a class by itself. The campus is beautiful, safe and secure. The educators are great and engage the children. Due to the small class sizes, are able to give individualized attention when needed. Most importantly, the children have smiles on their faces and have a love and a quest for learning. With that being said, it is the best investment I have ever made.

Staten Island Academy 1

Posted September 14, 2014
The college acceptances for 2014 were not nearly as impressive as in previous years. At close to 30,000 a year in tuition this is unacceptable. In addition, the once nurturing environment is becoming stern and callous. Buyer beware. There's a new sheriff in town.

Posted March 06, 2014
A great school with a fantastic faculty and top notch facilities. We enrolled our child in the middle school last fall and we've been very pleased. The school is academically rigorous but has also been able to nurture our child's individual talents and abilities while effectively supporting areas of weekness.

Posted September 12, 2013
Amazing school. The teachers are awesome, the campus is beautiful and my daughter LOVES going to school. Every time I am there, the children all seem happy and also re very respectful. There is really not much more a parent can ask for when choosing a school for their child.

Posted August 31, 2013
Beautiful on the outside and beautiful inside! As a grandparent, I couldn't be happier for my little girl!

Posted August 25, 2013
When my child couldn't wait over the weekend when school starts, my spouse and I realized we had made the best choice for our offspring. Great school with resourceful and caring faculty and staff!

Posted August 22, 2013
Simply the best! Superb professionalism on behalf of every educator and staff. The most nurturing environment for every student!

Posted June 19, 2013
Staten Island Academy is a wonderful school with tremendous diversity. My daughter just finished her second year here and absolutely loves going to school every day. It has a lot to offer each and every child, and I value the individual attention that the small class sizes allow.

Posted June 04, 2013
This is one of the best schools in the New York area - if not the best. The school really works with children to be successful. It is academically rich and advanced. The teachers nurture children, understanding their strengths and weaknesses and working hard with both. The children become poised and confident. The international component has them sit side by side with kids from around the world gaining an experience that will assist them in college and career. The school travels the students to cities in the US and around the world for learning adventures. The class sizes are small allowing more direct interaction. The college placement is excellent. The school readies kids for college before high school! Above all there is a community spirit where parents, staff and students are engaged and work together. The new head of school is spirited, smart and well-loved. The school is less expensive than other private independent schools in the NY area. But it is expensive for an outer borough school. My children have become leaders and are set for life. You do get what you pay for...the value is tremendous. Our family believes are kids are worth it.

Posted June 10, 2010
Staten Island Academy is a culturally and socio-economically diverse school. My children are happy, comfortable and intellectually challenged by a teaching staff that is talented and dedicated. The teachers, in turn, are supported by a dynamic and creative administrative team. We are very lucky to have a secure, verdant 12 acre campus where the children can play numerous sports or simply relax and commune with nature. Our visual and performing arts programs support and enrich our academic programs; and our academic programs are rigorous enough to get our grads into the best colleges in the country and a number of European colleges too.

Staten Island Academy
715 Todt Hill Rd, Staten Island, NY  10304
Last modified Staten Island Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Staten Island Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top