Staten Island, NY

Posted June 11, 2015
SIA completed surpassed my expectations and is an amazing school that fosters education in a nurturing environment. I was a bit nervous to send my 2&1/2 year old son (November Bday) to a full day of school 5 days a week. After only one week of separation anxiety and crying he adjusted beautifully and learned to enjoy it. My son is naturally introverted but has made great strides during his first year in school. He is excelling in both math and english and has a very broad vocabulary for a three year old. His teacher MIss Oxborough was incredible. She sent home daily report cards the first month and always emailed me with any minor issues (did not Ike school lunch today, etc). She even makes her own play-do because it is less toxic. There is such a strong sense of community within the school and it made our decision to relocate very difficult. I highly recommend the PK program to all parents truly worth every dollar!!

Staten Island Academy 3

Posted May 30, 2015
SIA says it has top class academics combined with a nurturing environment and top faculty. My experience at SIA seemed great at the time but once I saw how other academic institutions functioned, I realized that SIA really didn't prepare me for college at all. The community seems very welcoming and nurturing, but because of its small size and abundance of students from wealthy families, many students are not very accepting and are looked down upon by other students and this is hidden very well from the faculty and administration. The college process at SIA is very poor and the college advisor only knows of a small group of schools. If students want to attend other schools in programs that they are not familiar with, they have to do all the research themselves and have no one to give them advice. For the amount of money this school costs, this college process should be top of the line. Also, the arts at SIA are extremely poor and receive little to no school funding or support that is visible. The athletic department recruits students, however, the arts department is struggling just to have students join their theater productions. Its orchestra conductor is extremely dedicated and patient, but does not have the student talent to perform at a high level. Recent changes in the administration, specifically the appointment of a new headmaster, have brought changes to the school. This new head of school does not have the best interests of the school at heart and it is a shame that more people have not realized this.The best part about SIA are its teachers; they are amazing and outstanding and genuinely care about their students. Overall, SIA's faculty made my experience here great but if given the choice, I would have gone somewhere else for my high school education.

Posted September 28, 2014
SIA is in a class by itself. The campus is beautiful, safe and secure. The educators are great and engage the children. Due to the small class sizes, are able to give individualized attention when needed. Most importantly, the children have smiles on their faces and have a love and a quest for learning. With that being said, it is the best investment I have ever made.

Staten Island Academy 1

Posted September 14, 2014
The college acceptances for 2014 were not nearly as impressive as in previous years. At close to 30,000 a year in tuition this is unacceptable. In addition, the once nurturing environment is becoming stern and callous. Buyer beware. There's a new sheriff in town.

Posted March 06, 2014
A great school with a fantastic faculty and top notch facilities. We enrolled our child in the middle school last fall and we've been very pleased. The school is academically rigorous but has also been able to nurture our child's individual talents and abilities while effectively supporting areas of weekness.

Posted September 12, 2013
Amazing school. The teachers are awesome, the campus is beautiful and my daughter LOVES going to school. Every time I am there, the children all seem happy and also re very respectful. There is really not much more a parent can ask for when choosing a school for their child.

Posted August 31, 2013
Beautiful on the outside and beautiful inside! As a grandparent, I couldn't be happier for my little girl!

Posted August 25, 2013
When my child couldn't wait over the weekend when school starts, my spouse and I realized we had made the best choice for our offspring. Great school with resourceful and caring faculty and staff!

Posted August 22, 2013
Simply the best! Superb professionalism on behalf of every educator and staff. The most nurturing environment for every student!

Posted June 19, 2013
Staten Island Academy is a wonderful school with tremendous diversity. My daughter just finished her second year here and absolutely loves going to school every day. It has a lot to offer each and every child, and I value the individual attention that the small class sizes allow.

Staten Island Academy
715 Todt Hill Rd, Staten Island, NY  10304
Last modified Staten Island Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Staten Island Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top