Staten Island, NY

Posted March 24, 2015
The principal cares about the students. She takes time to help my child in subjects he is weak in. The classes are small and she knows them all by first name.

Eltingville Lutheran School 4

Posted March 22, 2015
I am a teacher at ELS. I also send my child to the school. It is a wonderful school with amazing teachers. It is unfortunate that some parents feel the need to bash the school because their child may have not been a good fit for whatever reason. I moved my daughter from public school and she became a new child. She cried every day before I switched her, now she loves attending school each day. Please come and visit the school and see our happy students for yourself.

Posted February 11, 2015
The teacher lowers the grade for "rejects" without any reason. When she was facing questions she simply .... destroyed my kid's worksheet. This standard seem to be lower then the one of public school but we still pay... Speaking of paying, despite of the standards going down the tuition and fees are going up, we paid for about 2000 on the top of the posted tuition as the fees, contribution etc. This school is horrible.

Posted October 18, 2014
During the sign in process, we were informed that our 3 yo needed to be potty trained. The school indicated that it was acceptable that our 3 yo was not fully potty trained. Our little one knew how to go to the restroom but did not know how to wipe herself. Fast forward 2 weeks in the program and she developed a urinary tract infection. Pedi indicated it was because of improper wiping. There were 2 occasions where we had to bring a change of clothing up to 4 times to the school. The principal also indicated that we had to train our daughter better habits. If she was more attentive, she would have known that a bacterial infection takes it course and not something we can "better train". Between multiple "time outs" and the infection, there was no choice but to withdraw from the school. Also, within the several weeks at school, there was consistent communications around spending. Felt like every other day there was something we had to pay for.

Posted September 06, 2014
Very unprofessional principal and staff. Very disappointing. Far from Christian values. Small school with small minds.

Posted January 14, 2011
ELS is truly a great school filled with loving, caring and well qualified teachers. It's teacher/student ratio is great as the classes are very small in size. I am very happy that I decided to send my daughter here......we made the right choice.

Posted August 31, 2009
Small and wonderful. If you ever wanted one on one attention this school is capable to do just that!

Posted March 05, 2009
My son is in his second year at ELS ans I have to say I am extreamly pleased. At 1st I was unsure if a privite school would be better then public but now I know I made the right choice. He loves going to schools and is always upset when schools is closed. All the descriptions written below are correct and accurate. They have so much to offer for a small school. If you are considering a private school put ELS on your short list!

Posted December 22, 2008
I am a student at e.l.s. and it's great I have been going there for 4 years and I love it so much I wish it went to high school.If your looking for a kind,smart, school then come to e.l.s. we are lacking the number of students so come to an open house ,chourus concert,or anything and you'll see how great this school is!E.L.S. has chourus,band,soccer,softball,baseball,afterschool program,art class,and computer so if your looking for a great learning school come here!

Eltingville Lutheran School 4

Posted December 18, 2008
Both of my children have spent all of their elementary education years at ELS. My son graduated last year and is in Honors at Farrell and doing very well. This is an exceptional school. All of the teachers, from every grade, know all of the students. My kids could not have had a more enriching experience and a better education. I highly recommend it. Michael A.

Eltingville Lutheran School
300 Genesee Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10312
Last modified Eltingville Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Eltingville Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top