Staten Island, NY

Posted April 18, 2012
If any parent is looking for a great school for their children, then St Joseph Hill is the school for your children. Discipline is being taught throughout very grade and every student learns how to get along and socialize with each other. The education a child receives here is outstanding. Yes, they do get lots of homework but it all helps in their learning and they become better at it each and everyday. Parents, please understand that teachers cannot teach everything and you as your child's first teacher play a big role in your child's education. I constantly go to the computer and print out worksheets for my two daughters to study and for extra learning. My daughter left Kindergarten learning how to read because I spent a lot of time with her reading. St Joseph Hill has always been my first choice for my girls and will always be. They offer extra curricular activities and is big with sports so take advantage of it all. And to the person who commented that children are left out in the cold if no one is there in time to pick up, you are totally wrong, I have never seen that happen, children go back into the school until someone gets there, aftercare is also available.

St Joseph Hill Academy 3

Posted March 21, 2012
It's hard to properly describe Saint Joseph Hill Academy. The curriculum is outstanding; the children are challenged and expertly educated in each field. Religious education is tied into every day life as well as other subjects. The children go to Mass for every special occasion (i.e: Thanksgiving, May Crowning, Easter, etc.). Hill is involved with many charities and food drives such as "Bread of Life" & "Project Homecoming." Sadly, there are also many things that need to be worked on. The principal is overly concerned with cash, and the parents are almost ALWAYS placed above the teachers. It is good to listen to the parents, but they can't have run of the place. Many of the parents & their children are very spoiled. Several students will talk back to the "softer" teachers with almost no repercussions. The kids need DISCIPLINE. The tuition is a lot, but the stellar education makes it worthwhile. But, as stated prior, Hill is greedy with money. Lunch prices are out of control. Chicken tenders (3) are $3.75. A bag of M&Ms is $1.25. The school is constantly asking for money. The kids NEED a proper playground, especially the older ones, who have to spend their recess in a parking lot.

Posted October 18, 2010
because it helped me a lot

Posted April 27, 2010
They go out of their way for the children and it is an excellent learning environment

St Joseph Hill Academy 2

Posted February 18, 2010
this maybe a good school and the teachers are excellent but the principle is terrible . when the person on top is not were she belongs the rest of the flock is not on good term

Posted January 28, 2010
Im very happy with this school my grades went up and the kids are very nice. I have no problem with the harsh discipline because it will make me a better person in the future. the teachers are strict and nice. There are a lot of tests though and small amount of study time.

Posted October 12, 2009
I'm a very happy parent with this school, education is excellent. The kids learn disiplin,respect, and they also teach them how to be leaders not followers.

Posted October 12, 2009
It a great school for the most advance learning and the student all do so well on all there standard testing.

St Joseph Hill Academy 4

Posted October 01, 2009
I have a child in Kindergarten and this is her 3rd year attending the school. I've been very pleased so far. I've heard they push the kids a lot, but I don't see anything wrong with that. I want my child to be prepared for college and that will only be achieved with hard work and dedication. I don't understand when people whose children don't even attend the school, have such harsh things to say. How do you know about the school so much if you're not even there? Anyway, so far so good. I plan to have my daughter attending SJHA until High School, if I remain as satisfied.

St Joseph Hill Academy 4

Posted April 24, 2009
I'm very upset when I read the reviews from the 'unhappy' parents. I have two girls here and there have been some frustrating moments, but to say that the school' isnt worth it' is harsh. I think that the parents that complain about the work, are the same parents that aren't focused on school first. If you want more of a social life for your kid, then definitely go to another school ! Yes we must assist the teachers after school, but that is what you sign up for when you sign the handbook... Does the phrase 'Parents as Partners ' mean anything ? And by the way... your children are listening....it's not your school, it's their school

St Joseph Hill Academy
850 Hylan Boulevard, Staten Island, NY  10305
Last modified St Joseph Hill Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Joseph Hill Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top