Staten Island, NY

New Dorp Christian Academy 2

Posted June 11, 2014
This school is Anti-christian with the principal and his wife (the Luciano) that they have now. Even though they say they love all children they don't. I believe the women in the office is named Cathy (she is a wolf in a sheeps costume). They are prejudice and love only the families that give them donations or tithings. By the way, their SAT's are fake, they are used for no reason but to make the school more prestigious. In all schools, public or private, they learn to read. Do your research?

Posted April 03, 2014
My daughter graduated from New Dorp with honors and got into Staten Island Tech. Great education received.

Posted November 14, 2013
I love this school! Small class sizes. The principal knows everyones names first and last, he is not mean or cruel. He greets the children every morning rain or shine in the front to be sure they are safe going from the car to the building. They encourage as much parental involvement as possible. This school is not just a school. It is a family! They treat your child as such. Of course there are no perfect circumstances there will always be misunderstandings no one is perfect. However, My child came from a gifted and talented public school program that was horrible. I am so happy he is where people care about him.

Posted October 17, 2013
The principle is a fat, cruel, heartless man you people might not believe this but the principle expelled my son because he was ugly and ask a lot of questions.

Posted May 20, 2013
I sooooo regret sending my son and his cousin to this horrible school. My son who is only in his first grade was terrified from his peers who did beat him and when I went to the administration and his teacher they completely denied it to hide their crime. I feel like they are like a gang there and no one is trying to help all what they need from you is your MONEY and they don't care about your feelings or child's education. Thankfully I moved my son to St. Joseph's and he is doing much better. Also my cousin by the end of this school year he will be going to a better school ( his parents can't wait) . If we are paying money we should get service but in that school all what I get rudeness and carelessness.

Posted February 14, 2013
4.5 out of 5 Stars (Because no school is perfect)! My son has attended NDCA for 7 years (Nursery - 5th grade) and counting. The curriculum is most definitely advanced, helping to develop a higher caliber student better prepared for higher education and future career advancement. Like anywhere else the staff and students simply have individual personalities and varying levels of character, maturity and academic ability. While NDCA subscribes to a Christian based philosphy honoring our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, not every attending student necessarily comes from a practicing "Christian" family. Christian or not, we all fall short from time to time, but with mercy and grace through Christ we can be redeemed. NDCA shows that grace, while swiftly addressing any reported student behavioral issues, staff infractions and parental concerns. The school has demonstrated a caring and compassionate spirit, extending flexible financial arrangements when needed. While they only offer limited music, art or gym programs, they do offer computer classes and several extra services such as; before & after school care, private tutoring, Kids Club, Vacation Bible School, Trips... & a great education!!

Posted February 10, 2013
I am very disappointed with the service in the school. My daughter is 5 years old she recently joined the school. few times she lost her stuff and I wasn't able to get anything back. Last week,she was beaten by one of the older kids which they keep together??? and she lost her front tooth, I heard about similar incidents and the administration does not take any proper actions and I tried to complaint to the principal and unfortunately, he did not seem to care much beside the curriculum is very poor. VERY DISAPPOINTED, however it is a christian school but children their use inappropriate language. NEVER AGAIN

Posted January 30, 2013
NDCA is an exceptional school from their advanced academics to their caring staff. I have not found any racism in the school and also have not found them to be "greedy" in any way. The tuition has not been raised since I have been there which is 4 years. The school is a place where I feel safe leaving my child knowing she happy and getting the best education possible. I have nothing but praise for the school.

Posted July 09, 2012
This school has become the definition of a disgrace. All they care about is money, money, and more money. The name is New Dorp Christian Academy but they are far from Christians. As long as you give them a check, your child will be treated like gold. Slip them more money and your child will even get better grades. Special treatment is given to people with more money at this school. It is a terrible prep for High School, however my hatred of this school does not apply to the wonderful teachers there. The teachers are disciplined more than the students. This school is slowly falling downhill and I pray and hope that the few GOOD people working there will leave before it's demise. DO NOT send your children to this school unless you are RICH and YOU WANT SPECIAL TREATMENT. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather go to a public school where everyone is treated equally than a school like NDCA, where the more money you have, the higher average you will be. Do not take this warning lightly. The good reviews are most likely written by the LYING staff members or the parents that are CONTENT with their child's special treatment because of the benefits they receive.

Posted June 08, 2012
Great school, exchellent teachers / challenging curriculum. Strong school leadership under Dr. Lucciano, these people know every child's name and truly care for each one. Some of the reviews are not fair, no offense to anyone. Small classes, each child gets attention and no one is 'lost' as one reviewer suggested. We plan to stay in the school until 8th grade. Kids Club is amazing, my girls leave everything they are doing on Wednesday's as soon as they hear it's time for Kids Club, Mrs. Christine is doing wonderfull job over there!

New Dorp Christian Academy
259 Rose Ave, Staten Island, NY  10306
Last modified New Dorp Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
New Dorp Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top