No rating

Oakdale Academy

Private | PK-1 | 9 students

Living in Staten Island

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $415,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,470.

Posted May 22, 2014

I absolutely adore Oakdale Academy! I am in love with the staff and so are my kids. We recently moved to Staten Island, and after visiting Oakdale daycare - my older asked to come back..And we have, every morning ;) All of my three kids go here: a 2.5 year old, 1.5 year old and my 4 month old. They get dressed in the morning racing, because they want to go 'play'..Their Mother's Day gifts, made with their hands at the Oakdale Academy are amazing and hanging proudly. Book Fair, Pinocchio visit, flower planting and 'color' day all within a month! Would never trade this place. Oakdale Academy has been in business for 25 years, at the same location - I think that says a lot.

Posted May 21, 2014

Both my boys goto Oakdale Academy I'm very pleased with the care and Education they receive. They love going to school they come home happy and it amazes me when my son comes home and he recites the Pledge of Allegiance at the age of 2 1/2. I recommend them to family and friends.

Posted May 21, 2014

I have 2 kids in this school and from the first time I walked in last year with my son , we felt right away part of the school. There are good teachers and especially the Executive Director Ms Audree Gabrielidis, whom will try to accommodate with all your needs. Also my son when he started school , he was speaking only Italian. And in few month thanks to the teachers he started learning and speaking fluently English. This year my baby girl started at 3 month old and every morning when I drop off I feel ok because her teachers love her!!! And she is sooo happy when she sees them.

Posted May 21, 2014

My 2 girls were in this school from 8 months old thru pre-k. The staff is kind and watchful. My daughter was so advanced by the time she got to Kindergarten, she surpassed every kid in her class. They NEVER sat in their own urine as others have posted here. I was always called if there wasn't an extra set of clothes there. Always happy kids. Always activities going on. Definitely recommended.

Posted May 21, 2014

Both of my boys go to this school one is 5 and the other is 2 ! They have been goin there almost 3years. Both my boys love all the teachers there. Never no problems with them! They take very good care of them and teach them very we'll. My oldest comes home telling me something new he learns everyday!! Audree and the staff here are great !!!

Posted May 20, 2014

Great school that offer high quality care the staff is warm and friendly and goes out of their way to meet and greet each child very clean clean and always smells good very nice large play yard great location

Posted May 20, 2014

I am so happy at Oakdale Academy, the staff is so caring and my son just runs in the front door every morning, which lets me go off to work knowing he is happy and having fun.

Posted December 7, 2011

I went there for a job interview and spent the day to see how I fit in. I wanted to leave after 5 minutes and cry. The conditions are horrible. The children were miserable and most of them are stuck there from 7am to 7pm.... Lunch was horribly made macaroni and cheese. The materials were old broken and dangerous. The staff members are tired and over worked because as I was told they don't allow you to take off because there is no one to replace you or sub.

Posted May 2, 2011

I am VERY disappointed in this school.....My child and 8 other p/t children were dismissed by the program due to the school's lack to follow the rules/regulations of the Dept of Health. There were too many kids not enough teachers..and my child was constantly sick.. As per the DOH the violations issued were mostly on a critical level... The school is terrible and should refund each p/t parent their registration fee as they voided the contract agreement.. NEVER SEND YOUR CHILD HERE

Posted March 14, 2011

i as well do not agree with their practices. At the time my 4 year old daughter sat in her own urine all day (it was dry by the time she got out of school!). Isn't that why you send them a change of clolthes. Pulled her out immediately. i feel they are neglectful. Shame on them all.

Posted February 11, 2011

I do not agree with their practices. I do not believe that it is ethical to have a child sit in a high chair for so long just because he will. The best thing I ever did was remove my son from here.

Posted August 27, 2006

High level of quality education. DOes a great job with multi age grouping. Has wonderful and caring staff. Offers gifted programs.

Posted February 23, 2006

Very bad system. All the kids from grade 1 to 5 sit togather in the same room and study with same one teacher. The director was also unable to explain to me that how would kids of higher grades reach their goal sitting with kids of lower grades.

Posted January 20, 2006

A truly great school. Very caring and nuturing.

Posted October 10, 2005

Excellent school with outstanding curriculum, caring and nurtutring as well-- worth every dollar spent!

Asian 0% N/A

• Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NAEYC
  • Other Montessori

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori