Posted October 14, 2011
I have to disagree with the last review made by a parent, of lack of class work, homework and the low standard of work in school. As a parent myself, my son is an under achiever, but come report card day he gets first and second honors, because of the extra-curriculum activities he takes after school. I have him take math and reading tutoring to achieve higher academics. You should not solely count on the teacher s classroom curriculum; you are at least 40% responsible for the outcome of your kid s academics achievements.

Posted March 30, 2011
Immaculate Conception School is an Excellent school i love it, The Teachers and staff are Excellent.

Immaculate Conception School 2

Posted December 08, 2009
ICS is a nurturing school and it does offer many positives for community, self-esteem and fellowship. Academically I have found the school lacking. I believe they teach to a low average which hinders the challenging academics required for growth and doesn't push the children to excel. My child was a 75 average student before attending ICS. At ICS his average soared to 95. This was wonderful for my child s self esteem but it did not prepare him for the rigors of HS. My child has struggled to maintain a 70 average in HS and I believe the lack of class work, homework and the low standard of work that was acceptable to ICS has contributed. Just compare the amount of HW and type of subject material covered by the ICS 8th grade class to a public school 8th grade class. The difference is overwhelming.

Posted September 20, 2009

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Immaculate Conception school first because every child is treated equally. Second because the school has so much to offer a child. Every child that goes to Immaculate Conception loves to go to school and let's face it parents isn't that half the battle. The school has made it fun for the children to learn so they look forward to being there. They have a great academic record and the teachers and school staff are wonderful people.

Posted September 17, 2009
After working in a school for 12 years that was not a happy place-It is a joy to come to work at Immaculate Conception-the happiest little school on Earth. Smiles are abyndent every day-because the students know that they are loved-and the teachers know that they are appreciated.

Posted December 18, 2008
I graduated and I have to say this is not just a facility for learning; it is like a second home to all.

Posted March 15, 2008
Where would I be without Immaculate Conception? I cannot imagine my children receiving their education from any other school. The Administration and teachers are the best in town. I am proud when I see the grades on my children's report cards. I.C.S. is their second home. The memories of friendships made, sports activities and afterschool clubs will stay with them forever. Thank you, pleased parent G.R.

Posted November 07, 2007
ICS has a great teaching staff, great building in which to teach in--art work blankets each wall and classroom, and has a great afterschool program. Test scores are great too!

Posted September 26, 2007
This school has given my child a personal learning experience. Every one of the children attending the school receive one on one attention. Ms. Curatolo, Principal has brought the school up and raised expectations of the students. The activities that are available for the children are music, art, literature, sports, etc. For a small school it really does a lot for it's students. Over these many years as my child has attended Immaculate there have been so many improvements. I have seen the school go from a good school to a great school. If you are interested in sending your children there I absolutely recommend it. Everyone is Someone at Immaculate and no one is ever left out. God Bless You Ms. Curatolo.

Immaculate Conception School
104 Gordon Street, Staten Island, NY  10304
Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top