Staten Island, NY
Students enrolled: 1,235

Posted April 02, 2014
My son is about to finish his Sophomore year at Staten Island Technical HS. The school has garnered an incredible reputation over the last several years and continues to turn out well-rounded bright students. Many of the staff members are former students who now teach there, so they know how the school runs from the very beginning. The new principal is actually a former student. He is wonderful, articulate, well-spoken and a very supportive and communicative principal. This school is a melting pot and the kids just mesh with so many different cultures. It offers a host of different after school clubs, sports, etc.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school has no limit to the amount of opportunities it offers their students. The entire staff from principal to cafeteria workers have one common goal - how can we make our kids be the best they can be!

Posted May 17, 2013
This school has a welcoming and friendly environment. The teachers are great--knowledgeable and caring. They prepare students for adulthood. I've met so many brilliant and motivated people here who have moved me to become more ambitious. There's a lot of friendly competition that makes the students work harder. Help was always available to me from teachers and friends.

Posted June 12, 2012
As an alumni of Tech, this is the best school in the city. Its small class sizes and challenging coursework prepares you for college and beyond.

Posted June 30, 2010
As an alumni of this school and the aunt to a graduate of this year I can attest to the fact that this is an excellent school that teaches its students the tools to get through all coursess of study not just engineering. By encouraging out of the box thinking, students learn the correct way to approach problem solving which can help with any subject they pursue later in life. The smaller class size ensures that your children's teachers always know who they are - they aren't jsut numbers - and know on the spot how each student is doing. Built an excellent foundation for my college years

Posted September 22, 2009
I love that this school gives me the opportunity to explore a whole other branch of studies - engineering. I feel at home here and I can't imagine going anywhere else and meeting people as amazing or getting an education that is as fulfilling.

Posted September 22, 2009
It's possibly the smartest school in New York, ranked #33 in the nation by U.S. News and world report.

Posted September 20, 2009
It's an amazing school with amazing teachers and students. For me, it's likea home away from home. You get so much out of the school.

Posted September 20, 2009
Tech is a close community that has a diverse group of students, teachers, and activities. It provides an amazing education and amazing experiences.

Posted September 20, 2009
love my school because of the oppurtunities it gives us. we have a top notch college office that helps us with all our collegiate needs

485 Clawson Street, Staten Island, NY  10306
Last modified Staten Island Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Staten Island Technical High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top