Bad
Good

The Quality of education has ben on a steady decline during the last few years. The school ratings prove this. Coincidently the decline corresponds with the same time period that the current school principal took over. I have confronted the principal about this numerous times and she ignores it. She begins to talk down to you and attempts to ramble on about nonsense that does not apply to the subject at hand. The principal is in denial and not capable of running that school or any other school. If I had to do it again I would not send my child to that school.

My son went to Pre-K in this school. I could not be happier. They have a fenominal team of teachers. Their after-school program is good. My son was always treated fairly, especially after Sandy hit our neighborhood. The principal is was very understanding of our situation after Sandy destroyed our home. The amount of help received from this faculty was far more abundant and attentive than any other agency in the months following Sandy. They made sure to follow up on us at least once a month even after the government stopped sending aid. I would definitely recommend this school to all my friends and family.

My children (twins) are in the first grade, one has a great class the other is in a class full of disruptive children. The principal is ego driven and dismissive. I am now trying to get my children out of this school. If you have options do not send your children here - especially if you have twins.

Despite a wonderful team of teachers in kindergarten, my son's first grade experience was terrible and he now goes to a better school where teachers are hired based on credentials instead of to whom they are related. If a teacher does not want to work with children with special needs then she should not teach a CTT class.

The teachers and staff are great and keep the parents informed.

It's like a great big family, and what family couldn't use alittle money right now.

my grandchildren went there & received an excellent education!!!

All 3 of my boys have attended PS 6. It is a really great school. The teaching staff is wonderful from Pre K-5th grade. Academically, this school strives to give the best education possible to its students and strives to push each student to their maximum learning potential. And our Principal is wonderful. She always has a watchful eye over the students academics and tries to identify where students need help. As a parent, there is always some kind of event for the children to attend and to pull our community closer together. It has been a complete pleasure to have my children attend PS 6.

The enitre staff from Principal to Maintenance Staff are excellent. The parents are given many opportunities to interact with the staff and the school. This staff gives 100% and it shows!

We as parents are very fortunate to have such a wonderful and caring Principal, Staff, and PTA, who truley care for our children. I am a mother of Triplets, and my child has an hearing impairment disablity. I am very fortunate to have such wonderful teachers that can provide and dedicate that extra help that she requires to learn. We really do have such a lovely school. I couldn't be more pleased with the education that my children will recieve. Thank You PS 6.

Last modified Ps 6 Cpl Allan F Kivlehan School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.