PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Parents are snobs Children who learn from the parents are worse Teaching staff are mean and rude. Ps 50 accepted over 60 students from St Charles over the last couple of years and the parents were horrified to learn that their Honor Roll child is actually extremely behind for their grade. I suggest look at St Charles website and see the results of standardize test. It's embarrassing. Then go to PS 50 and speak to Principal over there. You will see a big difference.

There's definitely a inner circle with the parents at SCS. They are all afraid to question the administration and the staff concerning their child education because they would automatically go on the SCS black list. Seriously, The teachers are childish and gossip about everyone. I personally witness the teachers being cruel and mean to one of their "rejects" during lunch time. Shockingly this is ,the ways it is at SCS. Parents only have one right and that is to be quiet and pay the tuition on time. However, when they owe you money it takes several months to get the money. As for The teaching, I have seen and heard from other parents that their child are very behind compared to public schools. So why pay thousands of dollars to a rude staff that are below average in teaching?

In regards to the review dated November 23, 2012, the religious affiliation of the family is NOT why they didn't receive a call. We have been in SCS for 9 years, as PROTESTANTS, & it has never been an issue. The old principal was not well during her last year in office & that could have had an impact on the situation.

St Charles is going through rebuilding their education program. I have full confidence in the new principal bring St Charles back to excellence. Many children who leave SCS either to go to Public School or Highschool usually will find themselves academically behind. It is true that learning starts at Home with the parents. However with both parents working to survive there is little in their day to go deep in schooling their children. That is why the parents decide to pay for private school instead of free public school. Next year there will be an increase in the tuition. I say why? If you want more money then teach our children more. Plus release the school results in results of the standardize test per grade so parents can see if their investment in St Charles is good or bad. However unlike public schools SCS refuses to share these results to the public and only gives it to the individual student.

Recently left the school after 6 years or so. New principle shows promise however many parents are uninvolved and children are nasty and belligerent. Many families left the school in 2010-11 and more recently myself and another family from our class 2 years earlier. To be fair, the school itself is fine and teachers are warm and caring. However more parental involvement is needed across the board as we experienced first hand unacceptable behavior from a child not even in our children's grade. The principle acted accordingly and handled it well. Our new school, I'm very happy to say, is like night and day. Hope this helps anyone considering.

As a father of two girls who receive 4 out of 4 in all areas of behavior and minimum 3 out of 4 in school work, I found my experience with St. Charles to be less than expected. I met with the principal and spoke about entering my girls into their school. As a scholar at Columbia University, education and behavior are mandatory for my children. My wife is a School Psychologist and we were ready to sign our girls up to start at St. Charles with our son and younger daughter to follow. We never received the expected call from the principal for our girls' interview. The principal was inviting at first, but after learning that we were a protestant family, she become dismissive and rude. I was shocked by the change in attitude and not receiving a follow-up call reconfirmed my experience. I believe that they made the right choice because there is no way I would allow my children to be exposed to a learned culture of dislike or intolerance towards others.

Excellent school. My two sons graduated from St. Charles in 2002 and 2003. The faculty provided an excellent foundation of learning, which continued on to H.S., College, and now their professional jobs.

I see how wonderfully rounded my niece is becoming while attending this school. She is excited to attend daily ( that's half the battle in education today)

I love St. Charles because the teachers are great and both my daughters are getting an excellent education.

Last modified St Charles School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8