St Charles School 4

Posted June 24, 2014
In regards to the review dated November 23, 2012, the religious affiliation of the family is NOT why they didn't receive a call. We have been in SCS for 9 years, as PROTESTANTS, & it has never been an issue. The old principal was not well during her last year in office & that could have had an impact on the situation.

St Charles School 3

Posted May 08, 2014
St Charles is going through rebuilding their education program. I have full confidence in the new principal bring St Charles back to excellence. Many children who leave SCS either to go to Public School or Highschool usually will find themselves academically behind. It is true that learning starts at Home with the parents. However with both parents working to survive there is little in their day to go deep in schooling their children. That is why the parents decide to pay for private school instead of free public school. Next year there will be an increase in the tuition. I say why? If you want more money then teach our children more. Plus release the school results in results of the standardize test per grade so parents can see if their investment in St Charles is good or bad. However unlike public schools SCS refuses to share these results to the public and only gives it to the individual student.

St Charles School 1

Posted March 26, 2014
Recently left the school after 6 years or so. New principle shows promise however many parents are uninvolved and children are nasty and belligerent. Many families left the school in 2010-11 and more recently myself and another family from our class 2 years earlier. To be fair, the school itself is fine and teachers are warm and caring. However more parental involvement is needed across the board as we experienced first hand unacceptable behavior from a child not even in our children's grade. The principle acted accordingly and handled it well. Our new school, I'm very happy to say, is like night and day. Hope this helps anyone considering.

St Charles School 2

Posted November 23, 2012
As a father of two girls who receive 4 out of 4 in all areas of behavior and minimum 3 out of 4 in school work, I found my experience with St. Charles to be less than expected. I met with the principal and spoke about entering my girls into their school. As a scholar at Columbia University, education and behavior are mandatory for my children. My wife is a School Psychologist and we were ready to sign our girls up to start at St. Charles with our son and younger daughter to follow. We never received the expected call from the principal for our girls' interview. The principal was inviting at first, but after learning that we were a protestant family, she become dismissive and rude. I was shocked by the change in attitude and not receiving a follow-up call reconfirmed my experience. I believe that they made the right choice because there is no way I would allow my children to be exposed to a learned culture of dislike or intolerance towards others.

Posted November 16, 2012
Excellent school. My two sons graduated from St. Charles in 2002 and 2003. The faculty provided an excellent foundation of learning, which continued on to H.S., College, and now their professional jobs.

Posted November 10, 2010
Great School! Great atmosphere!

Posted November 09, 2010
I see how wonderfully rounded my niece is becoming while attending this school. She is excited to attend daily ( that's half the battle in education today)

St Charles School 0

Posted November 02, 2010
I love St. Charles because the teachers are great and both my daughters are getting an excellent education.

St Charles School 0

Posted November 02, 2010
The teachers and principal contribute to a very conducive atmosphere.

Posted October 25, 2010
The classes are amoung the smallest on staten Island. The children stay with the same class since K to 8 so the feel like a family.

St Charles School