South Richmond High School Is Ps 25 4

Posted April 30, 2013
The teachers that work with my son are great and I believe they are passionate regarding their jobs in educating our students with special needs and for that I am very appreciative. Moreover, I like that they are reachable and return calls as well as respond via the communication notebook. I am really not that involved with the principal nor have I been involved with the parents as I work full time. Nonetheless I feel I have a good rapport with a few parents in my son's program and I am good with that.

Posted June 03, 2011
my son went to this school till he was 7, it was terrible, upon our moving out of state , in my effort to obtain the school records, i mentioned to the school's director that my ambitions were to get my son mainstreamed,,he said " never, that will never happen",,excuse me !! how can someone in charge of a special needs school be so negative, practically give a child a life sentence !. !! well,,,,my son,,is now 17, and graduating high school,,,he was mainstreamed at 8, and has done wonderfull. and i was told in the beginning by his new school, that there was very little chance of him ever getting out of that program. i'm so glad we moved. this school was so disorganized.

Posted April 19, 2009

Posted December 17, 2008

South Richmond High School Is Ps 25 2

Posted June 24, 2008
The teachers are the best. They really understand the students and know each of them on an individual basis. There are so many programs to fit every child's scholastic need, whether it be in a classroom or in a park setting, working with their hands or working in a hospital setting. Although, I find the administrators (principal and asst. principals) are not easily approachable. When you call, you never can reach them on the first try so you must leave a message, then you might have to call back a few times because no-one calls you back. That is very frustrating, but the teachers are great.

South Richmond High School Is Ps 25 5

Posted May 07, 2008
this is my favorite school. if you asked me to name my favorite teachers, i wouldnt know where to start. they are all great from ms. sheri to danny kelly to april stutz, i love them all. i feel realy lucky to have teachers and paras that are so caring and helpful. i dont know what im going to do when i graduate, but i know i will never forget anything they have taught me. i also wanted to say, april you are one of the most helpful people i know, and ms. sheri i will never forget you, you are my favorite teacher ever.

South Richmond High School Is Ps 25 5

Posted March 27, 2008
I think the teachers are great with the students. They understand them and they don't intimidate them, they handle them with respect while they discipline them, as needed.

South Richmond High School Is Ps 25 0

Posted November 19, 2007
My son goes to PS/IS 25R at one of their off-site campuses. I find the staff and faculty to be very knowledgeable with the disorders our children have that a general ed public school cannot begin to understand. I've had my son in general ed for most of his school life and it was very hard on him emotionally. He had no friends and the teachers did not understand Asperger Syndrome and what behaviors go with it so they were powerless to teach their other students about tolerance. This school and their off-site campuses practice positive reinforcement and rewards to the students which boosts their self-esteem and worth. The academic program is the same as any other NYC Bd. of Ed school so these children are not being taught at a lower level, they are just understood better. I highly recommend this school.

South Richmond High School Is Ps 25