Smiles Around Us Academy 4

Posted October 09, 2012
I enrolled my Daughter in the 3 year old.class this august even though at the time she was only 2 1/2 her teachers are very friendly Imet the princable she seemed friendly and everyone loves my daughter there and having her there.even though she is not russian her class is mixed.the only thing I'm not really happy with is what they feed them ... other then I am happpy to send her there

Smiles Around Us Academy 5

Posted September 20, 2012
this is one of the best schools with highest standards in education around the island, some teacher do have an accent, but I don't mind that at all because they are good at what they do, professional and passionate educators. if you are prejudice, you can go to your public school and get your average or below level of teachers without an accent but don't complain in some few years about your kids not getting accepted into good high schools and colleges. the cost is actually very low for all that you getting and much less then other private schools.

Posted August 17, 2012
Terrible place, stay away... Dont waste your time and money!!! Rude staff, noone does what they get paid for.

Posted October 15, 2011
I first visited this school one year ago. I saw things at that time that concerned me. Answers were not forth coming. and most of the staff were limited in English and Education. I revisited the school, this June, and things seemed no better. Please visit before enrolling your children. A Pretty Place is not necessarily a place of Quality. Submitted by a teacher

Smiles Around Us Academy 5

Posted February 04, 2011
The school is GREAT!!! out of all teachers, only 2 are Russian speaking. classes are mixed... We have a few polish children, an asian girl, a spanish speaking boy in my son's class.

Smiles Around Us Academy 3

Posted January 10, 2011
The school overall is not bad.There is a heavy focus on academic success and students are forced to stay on toes and strivr to achieve good results. For example in Pre-K, students receive homework every night, are required to do book presentations. There is a math club, a chess club. They start learning a foreign language as early as Kindergarten. However, there are certain organizational issues that exist and make the school drop in ratings. For example, the website is not updated. During the snow storm the parents were not informed of the school closing or plans regarding re-opening ( although e-mail addresses were collected from satudent's parent's in the beginning of the school year). Class rosters are not available to parents. However, if payment is not received by a certain date, the administration is quick to threaten to not allow the child into the schopol building unless payment is received. The food menu is also not compliant with the standards of the NYS Education department.

Posted December 08, 2010
This school is for Russian kids only. You are told that it is open to all, but the culture says otherwise. I was interested because of the curriculum, but the directors, principals and staff are rude to you unless you speak Russian. Don't make my mistake- I wasted my child's time there!

Smiles Around Us Academy 0

Posted March 23, 2010
I agreed that the staff barely speaks English, even the assistant teacher which is scary. Also, the kids bathroom stinks so much that you can smell it when you pass by. Also the principal is very rude. She basically ignores you even though it's so obviously you're waiting to speak to her. She just let you stand outside of her office without even telling you please wait a moment.

Smiles Around Us Academy 0

Posted September 29, 2009
I take my child to Smiles Around Us the original my child has been in the day care since he was 2 . He has moved and has had the most wonderful education. Keep up the Good work !

Posted September 15, 2009

Smiles Around Us Academy
351 Sand Lane, Staten Island, NY  10305
Last modified Smiles Around Us Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-4
Smiles Around Us Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top