Sunnyside, NY
Students enrolled: 1,200

Posted February 02, 2015
it is the second school year for my both kids at PS 150 Q. They are very happy

Posted March 26, 2014
I've had two kids in this school and I've been so pleased with it. My oldest is in a very competitive HS now and his experience at PS 150 has prepared him well. If charter schools are supposed to be the antidote to failing public schools, then why is PS 150 surrounded by charters that perform worse academically?

Posted July 05, 2013
I went to this school for 5 years in the TAG Program and it was a great experience. I am now on my way to high school and without preparation for middle school from the amazing Ms. Morgenstern, I wouldn't have gone to the P.S.122 Academy for the Intellectually Gifted and going to a specialized high school.

Posted November 25, 2012
My daughter just started school this year.The school didn't help her gets the school bus until a month later and she got the bus because I called OPT and asked for help. I shouldn't have to get involved in that if the school was doing what they were supposed to but apprently they weren't. Then the problem with transfering to PS122 after 5th grade started 2 months after school starts. Teacher herself and academic courses and teaching are good but morality and administraively, it is bad and I would give bad rating on that. The female security officer for school is rude to parents and i guess depending on her mood, one day she would greet as Hi sweetie, and another day she would have a mean face with rude words to parents .Again, Academically, the school is good and 8 rating if 1-10, but moral and administrative functions are bad and I would have to give 1 rating if 1 to 10.

PS 150Q Sunnyside 4

Posted January 09, 2012
My experience with this school is that it provides a great education. I like that it embraces the multi-cultural aspect of the student body and uses that as part of school projects. All the teachers are very good and care about the students. It has many events for families after hours. However, I don't like how parents are treated by the administration and the security and staff that handle picking up and dropping off students. Parents are often talked down to and treated like children. The principal is good in keeping the school competitive and up to grade, however, it is hard to get your suggestions for improvements heard and recognized.

Posted December 21, 2011
I grew up in this neighborhood, and went to this school. I must say, the Principal has made this school great over the past 6 years. I have two kids in the school, and being an educator myself, and I know it is not easy. All the credit goes to the Principal and all the hard working teachers. Keep up the great work and thank you.

PS 150Q Sunnyside 4

Posted December 16, 2011
My daughter absolutely loves her Kindergarten teacher. In just a few months, my daughter has gone from sounding out words to being a near fluent reader. Her pride as she reads to us is tremendous. The drama and music teachers are terrific as well and it's wonderful to see the children so excited to get to class in the mornings.

Posted March 10, 2011
Most resources go into the special TAG and Dual Language programs, which are great... if your kids are in them! All the other classes and children get lost in bureaucracy and an inconsistent mix of good and bad teachers. Communication between parents and teachers is awful, and the school is ok with that. The parents who are involved are great, but there's only a few families like this. By far, the worst aspect of this school is the Principal. The Counselor is terrific.

Posted December 11, 2010
I worked for the P.S 150 Sunnyside After School program for about 6 years and I can really say that it was and will always be a great experience for me because I learned so much. The children and parents are amazing they truly care for each other. The teachers at the school are amazing as well. I hope to get a teaching job at the school in the future =)

Posted October 29, 2010
The teachers are so caring at this school that I can't talk enough about them! They really do make an effort. We were in the Pre-K program there and loved it! The bad part of the school is the continual chaos of the administration - specifically the principal who does NOT care about the parents (many of who do not speak English) and who does not support the teachers. Despite parental efforts to talk to her about issues concerning our children, she will not LISTEN. And she refuses to nominate qualified people as substitute teachers, even though the teachers are asking for the help! So should you read this review, please be advised...

PS 150Q Sunnyside
40-01 43 Avenue, Sunnyside, NY  11104
Last modified PS 150Q Sunnyside is a Public school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
PS 150Q Sunnyside Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top