Solvay Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2013
Our school is just on the outskirts of Syracuse, which has horrible schools for kids. We moved to Solvay specifically so we could have the city living we love with a great school district for our 4 children. I just love the teachers at this school, they really are just amazing. They each strive to connect with each child and build bonds with them that will last a lifetime. I cannot say enough good things about this school and everything they have offered for my children.

Posted April 10, 2011
I am a New York City retired principal. My grandson was a student of this poorly run elementary school. The principal of this school has absolutely no clue on how to handle certain situations. She would be dismissed in a week if she ever tried to be a principal in a NYC school. It is because of principals like her that our children do not excel. I would love to know where she studied. She is extremely uncaring and insensitive to a childs needs. If you are looking for a school with excellence this is not the school for you.

Posted October 04, 2010
The principle is a terrible person, shallow and unsuited to work in a school setting. They have no concern for the children's wellbeing or safety even though they tout how wonderful, safe, and responsible their school is. My child is a special needs child and she has gotten lost by the teachers there almost once a week. I would not recommend this school for parents who care about their children's education!

Solvay Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2009
My youngest daughter attends solvay elementary and they seem to really care about the kids and their needs!

Solvay Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2009
I dont pay attention to this 'political in-fighting' and I'm pretty sure my son doesnt either, as he's excelled at this school. His teachers have seem genuinely concerned and involved in his progress and have kept me well-informed. How they're getting 'lost' while their test scores are higher than the rest of the state, on average, is lost on me. For a public school in this area, my opinion is that they're doing a pretty good job, considering the obstacles they need to deal with in the changing (and unclear) realm of childhood education in this country.

Posted January 29, 2009
This school does not keep up with current trends in education, and is so filled with political in-fighting that the children get lost in the shuffle.

Solvay Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2008

Solvay Elementary School
701 Woods Road, Syracuse, NY  13209
Last modified Solvay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Solvay Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top