Franklin Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
Over all the school is average.Each year my daughter's instructors have either excelled at teaching or fallen short. Too few qualified instructors. Mrs. Spinner was a fantastic teacher last year but the teacher my daughter has this year is incompetent and simply lost. As a 3rd grader the work load sent home should be challenging and reinforcement of what is taught throughout the day. A good hour worth of work in a few different subjects to kept the material fresh in their minds. ONE page homework assignment with some word problems or simple math equations that my child can do in a matter of 15 minutes is ridiculous! An inability to control the classroom as a whole, to go into tears out of frustration before your class demonstrates to these students that they can ride roughshod over her?!Always the last one to dismiss the class because they aren't minding her. Give them extra homework, though it's not extra in my eyes, for causing her to keep them longer. The work that my daughter will have to put in this summer so that she can be better prepared for 4th grade is going to be outrageous in my eyes.

Posted August 26, 2011
My son was a bit mischievous and was actually sent from his last school. He is also REALLY bright. Franklin accepted him and we went over a plan and they worked with him. He aced almost everything and all the teachers said he was a wonderful student! Mr. L challenged him with harder work when the mandatory classwork was done and kept me informed every step of the way. Mr. C. was really good at keeping the teachers informed and really working with when he did step out a few times. Awesome school

Posted June 08, 2010
franklin magnet school was my favorite school,there were so many things to do.I miss ballet

Posted June 25, 2009
i think franklin magnet school of the arts is the best school ever!

Franklin Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2008
I think Franklin is a good school. The teachers care about the students. The principle is a very caring individual. I am happy with the school.

Franklin Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2008

Posted April 29, 2008

Posted March 09, 2004
- a former student
I really enjoyed attending this school back in my youth. I am now a high school graduate from Henninger, and Franklin Magnet School was an important part of the developement of my childhood.

Franklin Elementary School
428 South Alvord Street, Syracuse, NY  13208
Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top