Syracuse, NY
Students enrolled: 1,619

Henninger High School 4

Posted October 26, 2013
THE TEACHERS GO OUT IF THERE WAY TO HELP THE STUDENTS AS BEST AS THEY CAN WITH THE FUNDING THEY HAVE ........... THEY GOT OUT OF THERE WAY FOR US THE PARENTS ALSO SUCH COMPASSION FOR THE KIDS

Posted March 03, 2013
After completing two years at Henninger ( I spent freshman year at West Genesee and I graduated a year early) I feel that this school is sub par. The teachers don't know how to control their students. There is no discipline. Students would cuss at teachers, walk in and out of class, do whatever they desired and seldom was there a consequence. I am now a sophomore in college and I know that going to Henninger only hindered me as a student. I took AP classes and did three years of high school in two, yet I was also able to come to school an hour late and leave an hour early (study halls) and skip 1-2 days of school every week, while maintaining a high GPA. You can't do that anywhere else! I was a horrible student by any other school's standards, but because I did most of the work assigned, Henninger was more than okay with allowing me to do as I please.

Henninger High School 4

Posted November 02, 2010
It's my second year at Henninger, I'm a sophomore and I think it's great. There are those few teachers who don't seem to desire teaching us as much as they should but other than that it's a nice school. Henninger offers so any different sports, clubs, programs and organizations. The security and administration are awesome as well. There are fights and issues with students but there's the option to not get involved with those groups, correct?

Henninger High School 3

Posted June 14, 2010
My eldest daughter is in 11th grade at Henninger, and she does very well there. She does get resource which I think helps her stay on top of her classes, and they need to bring advisement back because, she did use that every time she needed extra help with assignments. The only issue I have had with her is one teacher, Mrs. Zappala. She only cares if the athletes are passing her class and not the rest of her students. She only makes time for them and not the rest of her students.

Posted May 01, 2010

Posted May 01, 2010
This is my first year at Henninger, I am a junior. I have been to many schools in my life. Two christian schools, Salem Hyde elementary, and Baldwinsville. Therefore I believe my experience is less biased, considering the fact that I have something to compare my experience to. The teachers aren't the worst. But the classes are ridiculous. Kids skipping class who need somewhere to sit it out will just barge right into the classrooms at any given time. They'll sit right down, and blast their music. Even after the teacher asks them to leave, they beg, and they stay. I absolutely cannot focus at all. I struggle with taking tests because people are always talking, or playing music through their iPods so loudly that I know exactly what song they're listening to. Aside from that problem, Henninger is FILTHY. It's absolutely atrocious. I don't know how else to explain it.

Posted October 13, 2009

Henninger High School 0

Posted September 30, 2009
As far as public schools in syracuse go Henninger is one of the best ever. They have caring staff that is highly overwork and they run on sheer personal ethics sometimes. The love of education and educating. So my deepest bows to them. Job well done.

Posted September 07, 2009

Posted August 31, 2009

Henninger High School
600 Robinson Street, Syracuse, NY  13206
Last modified Henninger High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henninger High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top