Bad
Good

THE TEACHERS GO OUT IF THERE WAY TO HELP THE STUDENTS AS BEST AS THEY CAN WITH THE FUNDING THEY HAVE ........... THEY GOT OUT OF THERE WAY FOR US THE PARENTS ALSO SUCH COMPASSION FOR THE KIDS

After completing two years at Henninger ( I spent freshman year at West Genesee and I graduated a year early) I feel that this school is sub par. The teachers don't know how to control their students. There is no discipline. Students would cuss at teachers, walk in and out of class, do whatever they desired and seldom was there a consequence. I am now a sophomore in college and I know that going to Henninger only hindered me as a student. I took AP classes and did three years of high school in two, yet I was also able to come to school an hour late and leave an hour early (study halls) and skip 1-2 days of school every week, while maintaining a high GPA. You can't do that anywhere else! I was a horrible student by any other school's standards, but because I did most of the work assigned, Henninger was more than okay with allowing me to do as I please.

It's my second year at Henninger, I'm a sophomore and I think it's great. There are those few teachers who don't seem to desire teaching us as much as they should but other than that it's a nice school. Henninger offers so any different sports, clubs, programs and organizations. The security and administration are awesome as well. There are fights and issues with students but there's the option to not get involved with those groups, correct?

My eldest daughter is in 11th grade at Henninger, and she does very well there. She does get resource which I think helps her stay on top of her classes, and they need to bring advisement back because, she did use that every time she needed extra help with assignments. The only issue I have had with her is one teacher, Mrs. Zappala. She only cares if the athletes are passing her class and not the rest of her students. She only makes time for them and not the rest of her students.

This is my first year at Henninger, I am a junior. I have been to many schools in my life. Two christian schools, Salem Hyde elementary, and Baldwinsville. Therefore I believe my experience is less biased, considering the fact that I have something to compare my experience to. The teachers aren't the worst. But the classes are ridiculous. Kids skipping class who need somewhere to sit it out will just barge right into the classrooms at any given time. They'll sit right down, and blast their music. Even after the teacher asks them to leave, they beg, and they stay. I absolutely cannot focus at all. I struggle with taking tests because people are always talking, or playing music through their iPods so loudly that I know exactly what song they're listening to. Aside from that problem, Henninger is FILTHY. It's absolutely atrocious. I don't know how else to explain it.

As far as public schools in syracuse go Henninger is one of the best ever. They have caring staff that is highly overwork and they run on sheer personal ethics sometimes. The love of education and educating. So my deepest bows to them. Job well done.

This school is dirty with a vary poor mens bathrooms and the teachers......some are vary good and some the kids could teach better id give it a 6 out of 10

this school is full with imature kids that dont know how to act like adult and plus the administators have there priorities all wrong!!

this school is very good and it has nice people that work there and its pretty decent .

I dont know who said Mr.Cecil isnt a dedicated principal. There are 4 school administrators and if you really need them there is always at least one there to assist you in any way they possibly can. The administrators and teachers at henninger are there for more than just the pay cheak. ive never had more dedicated teachers in my life. Mr. Cecil does care about the students and their well being. Almost everymorning he is at the front door greeting everyone that walks in. Mr. Cecil has never walked past me and not asked how i was.Mr. Rist and ms amica both as well are great administraters who i believe help the school every day in every way. I love henninger and wouldnt have changed anything

Last modified Henninger High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.