Syracuse, NY

Posted March 30, 2014
one of the word schools i've ever seen, the new principal is terrible cursing and yellin at the students

Huntington K 8 School 4

Posted June 06, 2013
I feel Huntington has come a long way. Both of my children have been attending school here since kindergarten. My son is transitioning into the sixth grade and my daughter into the fourth. I have had my shares of disgruntled teachers and unorganized events/classrooms. But I must say the teachers and staff for the last three years have been on point. The Say Yes program is also a huge deal as my children have adapted quite nicely with the extracurricular activities they offer as well as all the after school homework help and guidance the teachers offer. All in all I think Huntington is a great school and every year I see improvement. Keep up the hard work,and Mr.Parrillo, you will be missed :(

Huntington K 8 School 4

Posted June 06, 2013
Huntington is a good school. I like that they offer K-8th grade. They also have very caring and attentive teachers that work hard to make sure your child understands the curriculum and isn't afraid to speak up or ask questions if they need something. I have had a pleasant experience with the staff and teachers for two years. I'm hoping this continues as I will be having our second child also attend Huntington next year.

Huntington K 8 School 3

Posted September 02, 2008

Posted April 01, 2008

Huntington K 8 School 2

Posted June 01, 2007
My experience with Huntington School has not been so great. My sons teacher is a fantastic person who is very caring about the kids in his class. The classroom is very unorganized and very noisy. There is no control. The kids that misbehave take all the attention and those who behave are falling through the cracks and are not getting an education. I also feel the school needs a dress code there are a lot of inappropriately dressed young girls.

Huntington K 8 School 5

Posted August 06, 2006
This rating is given for the school year of 2006-07. I make this a point because there is a new principal who is far more involved, easier to work with, and qualified. The other administrators are also hardworking and involved. The teachers are very involved and very qualified. There is one teacher that goes above and beyond. He treats the students as family and runs his classroom in a very efficient way. He pushes his students above and beyond. His homework is quite extensive and his students love it. My child has never been so happy to sit down to 2hours of homework and is very exited to go back. Every student should have a teacher like mine did in 5th grade. Parent envolvment is extensive for neighborhood children and is hit and miss for bussed students. If you have a chance to get Mr. S- DO IT!

Posted February 25, 2005
Huntington school is as any other syracuse city school. I feel that the principal makes less decision making than the vice prinipal. As far the extracurricular activity, this is the best quality of the school. They have many activities for students to choose from including basketball,volleyball,laccross, weightlifting,ect.I will now stress that much of the information in this rating is of my own opinion.

Huntington K 8 School 3

Posted August 11, 2004
My child had an OK time at Huntington. The teachers wouldn't help her afterschool, though. We continuously called trying to make appointments, the teachers were too busy I guess. This is a very social school. Very proper, very clean.

Huntington K 8 School 2

Posted June 03, 2004

Huntington K 8 School
400 Sunnycrest Road, Syracuse, NY  13206
Last modified Huntington K 8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huntington K 8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top