Syracuse, NY

Posted August 23, 2013
My child is entering 2nd grade at Meachem, and he began going to Meachem mid Kindergarten. Prior , we tried a charter school and private school, and Meachem was by far the best option for our son. One can go on and on about test scores and other negatives about the schools in the Syracuse City School District, but in my experience, although there were bigger class sizes, Meachem was able to work with my child on an individualized model to help his school experience become successful. He always performed well academically, but struggled socially to the point where it affected his ability to succeed. He continues to develop as he should academically, and the gains he has made socially at Meachem have been astronomical.

Posted November 07, 2009

Posted October 09, 2008
My child has attented this school for 5 years and they have been 5 good years. The teaching staff is great especialy the 4th grade teaching team. I love how the school is preparing the children for jr high with blocks and avid program.

Meachem Elementary School 2

Posted April 19, 2008
My son has attended this school for 4 years and every year it seams to get worse. The administraton and teachers seem to care more about their paycheck than the children. My son can't wait to move out of the district.

Posted December 13, 2007

Posted April 14, 2006
My daughter attends Kindergarten, and I must admit I am very impressed with the fact that in addition to the rudimentary skills (math, reading, etc) they are dedicated to introducing the students to social skills such as Caring/Responsibility/Cooperation/Kindness ... Each month they focus on a characteristic and discuss examples of how each student can foster this type of behavior. They also have a wide variety of ways in which the parents can get involved and encourage parents to do so. The only drawback is unfortunately, they are dealing with many children from very dysfunctional homes and this is reflected in my daughter's classmates. She has picked up some language/behaviors that I find offensive, however,they are not accepted by the Administration so that my daughter (althoug exposed) is getting the message that this is not acceptable behavior.

Posted August 31, 2005
I truly believe that this is one of the finest schools in the Syracuse City School district. Teachers are caring and committed to students, and administrators are firm yet fair. Location is safe and creates a suburban atmosphere in an urban location.

Posted March 14, 2005

Meachem Elementary School
171 Spaulding Avenue, Syracuse, NY  13205
Last modified Meachem Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meachem Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top