Syracuse, NY

Porter Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2012
They constantly lost my contact info and tried to call me off old contact cards. Not impressed with this school at all so I am moving. No recess at all, even for kindergarteners. And dismissal that is supposed to start at 10:00...one kid comes out at 10:15, another at 10:25. Also, my kids were put on the bus and send to my old address, or put on the bus when there was no boys and girls club and they were supposed to be walkers. In addition my sons teacher was promoted and they switched his teacher 2/3 of the way through the year. They have some good teachers, but the administration just cannot get it together. Almost as bad as Frazier. Moving out of the city to get better educations for my boys!

Porter Elementary School 3

Posted June 21, 2010
I do not like the fact my daugther comes home with head lice every other week it seems people are not taking care of their childrens heads and this has been going on all year.

Posted September 17, 2009
Porter is a wonderful school, for its students and for its wonderful staff who are absolutely the best. The encouragement and attention they give their students at this charter school is greatly valued by the parents of those students fortunate enough to be able to attend this progressive and exemplary school.

Posted August 04, 2009

Posted December 08, 2004
I searched long and hard for a good, SAFE public school to put my children in. I really did my homework here. Now, 6 years later (and 3 children) I am so pleased! My kids GREAT report cards prove the hard effort and good work of the teachers. Twice in 6 years I had minor issues. The principal acted fast and resolved any concerns I had. I've seen several times how this school tries hard to enforce good behaviour, good attitudes and respect for others! This is a school that will get involved, and really do whats best for the children. Go see for yourself!

Posted October 19, 2004
Hello, I have 4 children in this school, and I can't express how everyone there is so good to eachother! Everyone knows everyone, its like a little neighborhood. Although they do make sure that all visitors sign in, parents are always welcome. One thing mentioned to me when my oldest started that has stuck in my head is 'you are the child's teacher, we are here to enchance what you teach them'. This is one reason I love this school, they allow you to be involved, and take pride in your child! I am very happy with the way things are at Porter and would recommend this school for your child(ren)!

Porter Elementary School
512 Emerson Avenue, Syracuse, NY  13204
Last modified Porter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Porter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top