Bad
Good

The school is selective with their students. The school is bordering a middle to upper class area of the city and has more than half their students minorities, yet they pick their favorites. They follow their own set of rules and not special education laws. When they don't get their way with educated parents the next step is to target and make false allegations on your student so they can get them out of their building. None of the schools in the district are worth sending your kids too.

Moved to Syracuse from Baltimore MD. My husband and I are both strong advocates of public education. As we transitioned from a public charter school in Baltimore with an outstanding and supportive reputation, we knew we wanted this same kind of support from a school in Syracuse. So we had to do our homework. The administration and teachers at Roberts have been supportive and professional. The 2013-2014 SY was our first year at Roberts and I feel they were responsive to my concerns and ideas as a new parent. I look forward to becoming an active parent both in and out of the school. And I challenge all parents of Roberts to do the same. This can make a huge difference in the rating of the school and will show our students that we are here to support them, thier teachers and administration.

Love this school and my kids have never been happier at a school. Violence is zero and the special education program is amazing. Thank you Robert's for being a "Diamond in the Rough" in Syracuse!

5 stars. Love the principal's leadership, focus on academics and attention to details. Clean and bright school with professional educators and great diversity. PTO is active and funds many educational field trips as well as hosts monthly events that are a mix of Family fun and educational/informative. A School of Promise model was adopted to better serve all students in an inclusive setting. Middle school is working on International Baccalaureate Certification program.

This is a great school with an administrator who has high standards for her students and staff. When our principal arrived Roberts was a failing school, on the state watch list. In just two years Ms. Kimation has turned the school around. More community students are staying at Roberts and the home in our school area sell quickly. We are very happy with the education of the students at Roberts because we have a principal that is always there for us, constantly visible and is an important part of our community.

Excellent leadership. Visible, hard working, child centered.

Roberts is finally coming around to being a great school thanks to Janet Kimatian who has taken the school from the list of failing schools.

I enjoy Roberts school very much. This school offers many opprutunities such as the 'Say Yes' program and a wide variety of sports. I am a student enrolled in Band. I've benn going to this school for seven years and I enjoy it. Roberts school offers many opprotunities with many educated teachers. ROBERTS IS THE BEST!

Both my children went to this wonderful school and have many fond memories. Great teachers and safe, too.

I dont likethis school beacuse the education horrible and the teachers arent teaching as much as the private schools are and i dont like that plus i just dont think the test score are excellent ther below average!

Last modified Roberts K 8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.