PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

We loved many aspects of this school. Our child went through the Tiny Eagles program for 3 year olds and we loved that program. The teachers were very invested in the kids and our child learned a lot during the school year. We were surprised to learn that Pre-K enrollment is kept open indefinitely or until they fill the 34 spots. The principal and other teachers seem oblivious to the notion that this could be a detriment to each child's learning experience. State funded Pre-K classes have a maximum class size of 20. While I understand that BSS is a private institution and can in many ways make its own rules, typically private schools strive to give children "better" experiences than what they would receive in public school. An easy solution would be to break up the class into two sections but the administration is opposed to doing this. I am writing this review so that perhaps others can be aware of this school's policy before they enroll their child in the 3 year old program only to be surprised (as I was) when they hear about the class size. The kindergarten and up grades have fewer than 20 children in each class because they open two sections for each grade.

If you are looking for a school in the city of Syracuse that offers an education that far exceeds public school, the BSS is the answer. Faculty and staff at Blessed Sacrament are top notch! Mrs. Polcaro is the kind of principal that all children and parents deserve. She works hard for the children so that they get the best education possible. She uses her resources in creative ways to provide programs for children that would otherwise be unavailable in public school. She treats each child and their family as her own family. This is true for all faculty and staff at BSS. When I made the choice to go private, I was amazed at how much more BSS had to offer to my child and my family. If you want the private school experience at a reasonable cost, BSS is a great answer.

Blessed Sacrament School is fantastic. My kids LOVE the school and the teachers. They go above and beyond to make sure that my children are succeeding in their academic studies. Mrs. Polcaro is the glue tat holds it all together and keeps the school moving in the right direction. Updating the technology and learning programs to make sure that my children get the best education they can. I would recommend this school to any parent that wants their child to have a learning environment that allows their child to grow in the presence of God and excell to their highest potential with a staff that will nuture them every step of th way.

I am thankful for the education that my son receives at Blessed Sacrement!

We made a good choice when opting to send our son the Blessed Sacrament School. The area public schools leave much to be desired. The principal Mrs. Polcaro is the best. She is receptive to the childrens needs and goes above and beyond to comfort parents when an issue arises ( as they may with kindergarteners.) Ms. Baird (K) is a fantastic teacher and her TA Ms. Kupla is very kind and helpful. My son has truly benefited from becoming a student at this wonderful school.- Rachel, Proud parent of a BSS student!

This is an excellent Catholic school with an outstanding prinicpal, dedicated teachers and caring parents. My two children thrive in this environment and I would encourage any and all parents to come and visit. Once you do, you will be certain to register!

Last modified Blessed Sacrament School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6