Syracuse, NY

Bishop Ludden Jr Sr High School 4

Posted December 12, 2012
I can't tell you what the school is like now, but I can tell you what it was like from 1987-1993 and the memories from the standpoint of a 37-year old. I came from the city schools - getting into fights every day and subsequently in the principal's office every day. When I went to Ludden, all that changed. The people were of high moral and ethical character and most were bright. The focus was on religion, academics, and sports rather than materialism and physical prowess. I thrived at Ludden and went on to a successful college and professional career. The only downsides that I can think of was lack of exposure to multiple cultures and religions and the academics came up short in teaching real writing. In college, I was shocked that most people were not Catholic and needed to take a preparation course in Writing before moving to higher level courses. Other than that, I would probably say Ludden was extremely beneficial to me in terms of academics and more importantly growth as a person.

Posted June 17, 2012
I am a current student at Ludden. I have been at Bishop Ludden since 7th grade and it has just been wonderful. It was the best decision I have ever made. I have always been in a Catholic school, since Kindergarden, so it's all I know. You get used to the uniforms and of course the strict dress code but it is all worth it. The teachers here really do care and want you to do well. Everything is passable, these teachers don't want you to fail, they want you to live up to your full potential. When considering schools please look at Ludden, you won't be disappointed.

Posted September 21, 2010
an outstanding school ... what a welcome change from public schools ... my son has made great strides both academically and socially ... as a parent I could not possibly be more impressed !

Bishop Ludden Jr Sr High School 1

Posted June 25, 2010
Save your money! My child had been going to private schools her whole life, so we had decided Bishop Ludden was a good fit. How wrong were we! The teachers and staff care more about dress code rather than education and personal growth. The first two years she attended Ludden, she loved it. After that, new administration took over, and it was all down hill from there. She always felt that she had not learned anything in school. She was not prepared for college. The only thing Ludden taught her was how to properly tuck in a shirt.

Bishop Ludden Jr Sr High School 0

Posted December 19, 2009
i am currently a sophomore at BLHS and i really do love it. i have attended catholic schools all my life and i dont know anything differeny. we do have to wear uniforms and the rules may be a tad more strict but after going 10 years wearing a uniform you kind of learn to love it. i mean you dont know anything else. it really cuts down the judgements. like every school there ar clicks but no body really only hangs out with just one specific click. every body knows everybody and everyones friends. its a really close community and most of the teachers are so nice. Ludden is just a really big familyy :)the lunches kinda stink but that is also a minor issue. if you want your child to have a sense of community and to belong somewhere Ludden is deffinately the place to go. Belong.Believe.WorkHard.Succed.BLHS

Bishop Ludden Jr Sr High School 2

Posted November 08, 2009

Bishop Ludden Jr Sr High School 3

Posted August 04, 2009
Great school. Great teachers. Great students. Ok sports. Expensive lunches. And expensive school.Small enivornment, this school is basically great if your child is very bright.Also if you'd like to pay about $4,000 a year for your child to attend a school that really is just is good as any other. Reconmendation>? Henninger high school.

Posted January 25, 2009
BL has taken great steps forward since its new principal assumed the helm in 2008. It offers a quality education and family atmosphere. I have four children. One went there (college now), two go there, and one will attend next year.

Posted January 21, 2009
I feel bishop ludden school does offer many advantages in a private school education, with a caring community, and strong parent involvement.

Bishop Ludden Jr Sr High School 2

Posted May 15, 2008

Bishop Ludden Jr Sr High School
815 Fay Road, Syracuse, NY  13219
Last modified Bishop Ludden Jr Sr High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Bishop Ludden Jr Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top