Syracuse, NY

Posted June 27, 2014
I am fellow graduate of this school so is my mother, and brother. I have the upmost respect for the staff and volunteers who take out of thier time to teach. They have done an outstanding job fusing the teachings of education with the The Holy Bible. I would not think twice about sending my children to this school. Where it's safe, has good morals and most of all bible based faith.

Living Word Academy 3

Posted February 22, 2014
This school is a ministry of the Living Word Church, therefore, it is run by the church and preaches Christ above academics. The school prepares kids at a foundational level academically and is not recognized by many above average colleges and universities in NYState since LWA selects who can profile their school. This can be a big problem if your child is looking to attend one of these schools. There is no performance review for any teacher at LWA leading to sub-par knowledge transfer in some core courses. It is my experience, having had 2 children graduate from LWA, that parents are discouraged from engaging with teachers where these problems exist. There are no AP classes offered, however, students are encouraged to study on there own for the tests. Most obtain 3 or lower on the tests. The sports offered at LWA excel, since the coaches put sports above academics. Tuition is very reasonable if you attend the Living Word Church. Finally, to make a decision on sending your child to this school, you should first attend the Living Word Church to several times to see if you like what you hear coming from the pulpit. The church leaders run the school, not the principal.

Posted September 11, 2013
I am an alumni of Living Word Academy (attended K-12) and now volunteer there and have three children attending. LWA teaches the whole Word of God and perhaps that is why some people have a difficult experience, because they do not want to accept the whole Word of God or be held accountable. The school opens every day because of the miracle of the Holy Spirit working in each staff member, many of which are volunteers and come because they truly love and want to serve their Savior and care for the spiritual welfare of the children. So if you're interested in Living Word, please don't let those negative comments scare you off. Come and see for yourself! I received an excellent education, was well prepared for college, but most importantly have a firm foundation for life in the Truth of God that was brought to me through the words and examples found at Living Word. I am so thankful for the wonderful environment I grew up in. I continue to have lifelong friendships with fellow alumni and the staff and pastors that taught us.

Posted August 20, 2013
I have just read the reviews for Living Word Academy. Some comments were excellent, some quite negative. Before making a decision about this school, I would encourage you to visit it first. Spend some time there and observe what is going on. Then seek the Lord in prayer and ask Him to direct you to the school He wants your children to be in. And when He answers, obey His voice. Don't let the opinions of others influence you. The Lord has a plan for your child's education. It's up to you to find out what that plan is. I pray you hear His voice.

Living Word Academy 1

Posted May 08, 2013
I discourage any parent to enroll their child in this school. It is dictating, manipulating, and twisted. They encourage isolation with any person that has left and think they are better than everyone else. Their rules are outrageous. They ruin lives and separate families, their teachings are far beyond anything realistic. Keep your family away from Living Word.

Living Word Academy 2

Posted April 29, 2013
Great teachers - very personable. However staff very dictating on life style, encourages social isolation, and judgmental. Encourage you to turn your back on non-member family.

Living Word Academy 2

Posted April 10, 2013
As a former student, I would discourage a christian parent from sending their children to Living Word. The associated church is neck deep in legalism and church oppression, and has a bad reputation in the local church community. Many students leave LWA thinking that their Christian image and behavior are all that matters in their walk with Christ, and consequently they don't have much of a spiritual identity when they get to college. I would encourage you to look elsewhere.

Posted January 09, 2013
All four of my children graduated from this Shcool. They learned good Christian doctrine and all excelled academically. It is a safe environment run by caring people.

Living Word Academy 4

Posted December 10, 2012
I thank God for Living Word Academy. The teachers and staff are spirit filled and sincerely want the best for the children in the Lord. I graduated from the Academy, and my 5 children went there as well. Some enjoyed it more than others, but I believe that all learned how to have a closer relationship with the Lord, and academically they were prepared for college.

Posted November 01, 2011
Excellent School, both spiritually and educationally. Bible based teaching, promoting true Christianity, selflessness, and holiness. My education here put me many levels above my peers in college. I graduated at the top of my class in college and attended a top rated graduate program because of the HARD WORK and knowledge instilled in me at Living Word. I strongly encourage you to consider sending your children here.

Living Word Academy