Bad
Good

This school is great my Dauhter is in 1st grade i can't wait to put my son in this excellent school, my child takes tests 3or 4times out of the School year to track her learning and to make sure she is at the right level to go to 2 grade.The teachers also have to take test .The princible that's there now he is great he don't play i had princibles like him when i was in School ,princibles that care and don't play unless it's play time for them.I want my child to have a better leaning opportunity then I did .and in this school, SOUTHSIDE ACADEMY CHARTER she will.Don't forget it start at home you push and help your kids do HOMEWORK and what ever else they need help with send them to School in the morning and the Teacher will do there part

I see a lot of reviews about the old principal. It's true that she didn't do her job as well as she could have. However, the current principal goes above and beyond his duties. IE: traffic control in the morning! My child receives the attention he needs. He's very shy and every one of his teachers had helped him break out of his shell. He's doing great academically and the teachers take the time out to help each individual student.

My Child has attended Southside for three years. He has enjoyed the school, but I have reservations about his experience at the school The School does try to help children who are in need of extra help. That is a plus compared to other Schools.But Bullying is a problem. I don;t know what can be done, but continued problems has forced me to remove my child from the school..

My son has gone here for three years. I love it. He is learning so much. The teachers communicate with me. I love that they can kick out trouble makers.

Second transportation is a problem. My kids have had 4 or 5 different bus drivers this year alone. Half of the time if there is an incident on one it does unreported. Thirdly, where is the principal? Again this is my kids second year and I have yet to see her. THis is very strange to me seeing how all of the negative I've read or heard about this school started after she got there.

I think this school used to be a good school, but not so much anymore. I don't think the principal is the right fit for the school, she is a little too soft and disorganized. The school has no structure. There aren't many activities for the children to partake in after school (sports, music, art, language clubs, tutoring, etc). The teachers don't know how to positively interact with the students. They yell instead of talking. Respect is a two way street! All of the blame is not to be placed on the teachers. Parents need to be held accountable for their children. When this doesn't happen then the principal needs to step in and enforce the rules and guidelines of the hand book. Those children that do follow the rules should not be penalized for those that don't. The teachers should not come in treating the students like what they "heard" or "read" in the paper or learned in school, they need to see first before they judge. Sometime there are circumstances that place people where they are and not everyone is ignorant or ill mannered or illiterate.

i love this school , my kids have been in it for 2 years now and i wouldnt put them else where. i even moved to the west genesee district and yet i kept my boys at southside because i love the way they teach and how they communicate with the parents, my boys have straight a's and theyre also on the chess club. i cant wait to put my 3rd son next year as well.

Under the old principle this school was pretty good. Now, the students swear, hit, fight, and spit on teachers and fellow classmates. Teachers and students who want to learn flee. I LOVED working at this school, until it all changed. The children come from a violent neighborhood and a school counselor is desperately needed.

My children go to this school and I find that they take the time with each child and push them to achieve high.

i believe that the students with disablities are well taken care of as far as being tended to by a by school councelor. my son has been hear for two years and he still is not in any special education classes which he is in dyer need of because it is now effecting his grades. how can this be fixed or will i have to change schools which i dont want to have to do.

Last modified Southside Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.