Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Strict code of conduct where students are held accountable for actions and rewarded in kind for success and leadership.

This school has the following: Structure, discipline, accountability, diversity, positive mentorship, teacher attentiveness...What else is there to say about a positive learning environment for your children. Double English and Math classes everyday, great field trips to higher education institutes starting at Elementary school age, cell phones and disruptions detracting from the learning environment are not tolerated. The nightmares of public school ability to enforce lack of accountability and responsibility are minimized. Sports programs are not equal to those of public schools. If you are banking on a D1 NCAA sports scholarship...this is not your school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The certified and qualified teachers are amazing. I wish the school would focus some efforts on trying to keep these amazing teachers instead of driving them away.

Amount of homework: Agree

English and Social Studies classes seem to give the most, but it all seems to have a strong purpose.

Words can not express our gratitude for Syracuse Science Academy! It saddens me that all children are not able to receive this standard of education. The teachers are brilliant as well as kind and compassionate. Character building are built into the curriculum and all families are accountable for their children's education. College is something discussed from day 1 of kindergarten, fun field trips and guest speakers that keep the children excited about going to school. The elementary has a green house they grow food they eat during lunch at times, a REAL music room which includes string instruments, Art, Computer lab. I do see some complaints regarding staff; what we need to keep in mind is that these are not state employees making $37,000 as a secretary. These are parents and members of the community the money for the school is spent on the children as it should be.

I have seen several reviews on this site claiming that SASCS is a great school if you have the perfect child and that individuals had a horrible experience, yet chose to stay with the school for 5 years. I would like to share my experience with the school. My name is Dalton, and I am an alumni of SASCS l. When I came to SAS I was far from the perfect child ; 220 lbs, bullied, beaten, teased heavily medicated for ADHD and overall at the end of my will to live. I had no career prospects and did not plan to go to college as my financial situation was bleak. I have spoken with senators and congressmen, interned at a college before I was old enough to attend one. I can say that I have represented the United States in a global environmental summit in Istanbul, Turkey . I must note that while participated in these life changing events I maintained a lean 2.98 GPA. Most definitely NOT a Perfect child That was four years ago. I am now 150 lbs, enrolled in college and am a proud member of the United States Army on track to become an Officer, and I entirely owe it to this school. My school. Still not convinced? Stop by the school, ask for a tour, and see this for yourself.

If your child is the perfect child then this school is ok for them, the school targets any problem child even if its immaturity due to the childs age etc. The school wants nothing to do with any child who needs alittle extra motivation or extra attention. They wanna be know as the top notch school for the good things and refuse to help with the bad things. The principal is so worried about the new school in utica hes slacked on the parents/students that he has in the syr school. His compassion has diminished. They pick and choose what new kids they accept and dont be fooled by the supposed lottery system that the state made them instill. The lottery is rigged up to first move the siblings up in the drawing and then move the new enrollees with high grades and good performance up as well. if you have the average student who maybe passed with C's, maybe missed a few days and/ or got a referral for whatever reason forget it the school will make sure your childs name doesnt get picked in the lottery acceptance drawing, but they will wait list your child at number 100 so that he/shes gauranteed not to get it.

in a very short term, my school is "WONDERFUL". I like my school no matter what others says about it.

A person said it was a bad school this means its yours or your childs fault your bot ignorant take him out of the school let him drop out sas gives a great education

it is a great school I have ever experienced . If u and your child r lucky enough, u will beaccepted by the school.

Last modified Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.