Public charter
Syracuse, NY
After care: No

Posted January 26, 2015
Words can not express our gratitude for Syracuse Science Academy! It saddens me that all children are not able to receive this standard of education. The teachers are brilliant as well as kind and compassionate. Character building are built into the curriculum and all families are accountable for their children's education. College is something discussed from day 1 of kindergarten, fun field trips and guest speakers that keep the children excited about going to school. The elementary has a green house they grow food they eat during lunch at times, a REAL music room which includes string instruments, Art, Computer lab. I do see some complaints regarding staff; what we need to keep in mind is that these are not state employees making $37,000 as a secretary. These are parents and members of the community the money for the school is spent on the children as it should be.

Posted March 31, 2014
I have seen several reviews on this site claiming that SASCS is a great school if you have the perfect child and that individuals had a horrible experience, yet chose to stay with the school for 5 years. I would like to share my experience with the school. My name is Dalton, and I am an alumni of SASCS l. When I came to SAS I was far from the perfect child ; 220 lbs, bullied, beaten, teased heavily medicated for ADHD and overall at the end of my will to live. I had no career prospects and did not plan to go to college as my financial situation was bleak. I have spoken with senators and congressmen, interned at a college before I was old enough to attend one. I can say that I have represented the United States in a global environmental summit in Istanbul, Turkey . I must note that while participated in these life changing events I maintained a lean 2.98 GPA. Most definitely NOT a Perfect child That was four years ago. I am now 150 lbs, enrolled in college and am a proud member of the United States Army on track to become an Officer, and I entirely owe it to this school. My school. Still not convinced? Stop by the school, ask for a tour, and see this for yourself.

Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School 3

Posted August 05, 2013
If your child is the perfect child then this school is ok for them, the school targets any problem child even if its immaturity due to the childs age etc. The school wants nothing to do with any child who needs alittle extra motivation or extra attention. They wanna be know as the top notch school for the good things and refuse to help with the bad things. The principal is so worried about the new school in utica hes slacked on the parents/students that he has in the syr school. His compassion has diminished. They pick and choose what new kids they accept and dont be fooled by the supposed lottery system that the state made them instill. The lottery is rigged up to first move the siblings up in the drawing and then move the new enrollees with high grades and good performance up as well. if you have the average student who maybe passed with C's, maybe missed a few days and/ or got a referral for whatever reason forget it the school will make sure your childs name doesnt get picked in the lottery acceptance drawing, but they will wait list your child at number 100 so that he/shes gauranteed not to get it.

Posted August 01, 2013
in a very short term, my school is "WONDERFUL". I like my school no matter what others says about it.

Posted July 09, 2013
A person said it was a bad school this means its yours or your childs fault your bot ignorant take him out of the school let him drop out sas gives a great education

Posted April 25, 2013
it is a great school I have ever experienced . If u and your child r lucky enough, u will beaccepted by the school.

Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School 4

Posted March 28, 2012
My daughter is an average student who didn't really try hard in school. But she attended the SAT review on Saturdays at SAS and with the school's encouragement, took the test 3 times until she earned good scores. Now we have scholarship offerings from colleges totaling over $60,000. Thank you SAS!

Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School 1

Posted February 03, 2012
I have been involved with this school for 5 years and I am very unsatisfied with the education my children received here. Many of the teachers are foreign and have language difficulties and are teaching in areas they are not certified in, hence, the children suffer from a lack of understanding as the material is not properly taught. The staff does not like parents to be involved, beyond an initial meeting, and single Mothers are not respected or the needs of their children taken as highly as those whose fathers enter the building(on occasion). The building is old and not adequately vented and there is no air conditioning, except in all the staff areas? There are women put in charge of "discipline" that are highly inadequate in this position, as they lack a fundamental respect for students and parents. If any parent (mother especially) questions the conduct of the staff, they and their children will be "targeted" for more problems on a recurring basis. I do so regret sending my children to SAS as a public school could have offered them so much more. I have little good to speak about SAS, yet, most people only know the "hype" they are fed. Please be aware parents.

Posted July 17, 2011
To make the story short, it is a wonderful school. Always update, dedication,parent involvement, and success.Congratulations for the participation of world's largest science olympiad -INTEL-for Syracuse.Congratulations for the participation of world's largest science olympiad -INTEL-for Syracuse

Posted February 06, 2011
excellant teachers, strong principal with school leadership and challenging academic programs! This school has it all! I took my child out of frazer(city school) to go there. Best thing I ever did! He loves it because he says kids are there to learn! He's on high honor role and is definately college bound!

Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School
1001 Park Ave, Syracuse, NY  13204
Last modified Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top