Tarrytown, NY

Sleepy Hollow Middle School 1

Posted December 22, 2014
I moved to Tarrytown 6 years ago with the hopes of getting my daughter a good education as Tarrytown is a beautiful town. My daughter was reaching her highest potential until she reached middle school. I have now been forced to snatch her out of school and send her to live with her father with the hopes of her once again soaring to reach great potential, I will be as politically correct as I possibly can , there is no diversity in this school. As you will see from the graph the school is over populated by Hispanics offering little room for growth for children to interact with all races. I have voiced my concerns with the school and with the exception of the Assistant principal always available to assist in helping me with my daughter. The principal refuses to see the issues and has a blindfold on to what all these kids are actually doing. I will not say all the kids but 65% of them are no good. If moving to Tarrytown for the school system look elsewhere or if you are financially in a good position send your child to private school.

Sleepy Hollow Middle School 5

Posted November 15, 2010
An amazing school with a smart dedicated staff who actually know each and every kid. It's a great prep for the Sleepy Hollow HS which offers more AP and after school activities than any other Westchester school we've seen.

Posted December 30, 2009
People might think that shms is a bad school but its not. this school is the most educated and funnest school ever. the teachers are the best and always willing to help out in anything you need. i love this school and i think its better and more educated then any private school. this school prepares you for high school.. i have learned so many things from this school and hope to continue learning. i actually like waking up early to come to this magnificent school!!! =]

Posted October 06, 2009
Fantastic teachers, incredible facilities, terrific program aDn activities.

210 Broadway, Tarrytown, NY  10591
Last modified Sleepy Hollow Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sleepy Hollow Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top