Bad
Good

Posted September 14, 2013
I go to this school and I think it is 100% the best school ever. For Pre-K I had Mrs. Hartzell.,for Kindergarden I had Mrs. Shotwell, for 1st grade I had Mrs. Kaczmarowski, for 2nd grade I had Mrs. Porter- Kech for 3rd grade I had Mrs Hanny who was new because she came from Jefferson, and now I have Mrs. Kazmarowski again in 4th grade. I'm so sad that after this year I only have 1 year left at this school. It will always be my second home!

Posted January 11, 2012
I am a graduate of this school and am sorry to hear of the first parent's difficulties. My teachers there were uniformly head and shoulders above the quality of teachers I had in later years in a different school district. I take nothing away from that school except a total appreciation for the excellent education I received there. At the time, Lawrence Ball was the Principal. I had great teachers, we had art weekly, music everyday, gym everyday and still had time for superior academics. Indeed, my parents moved into the neighborhood b/c of the school. I hope the school has managed to maintain standards. HATS OFF TO THOMAS EDISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! You deserve all accolades you receive. Thank you for giving me a future!

Thomas A Edison Elementary School

Posted June 15, 2009
I am a parent who's child was in the school. Unfortunately we had to send her to another because of the treatment she was receiveng from the teachers, principal , and students. She was diagnosed with ADHD, and nobody knew how to handle this. With all the time and money we spent on getting her help, if they don't follow through in school. then it's money wasted. And that is what happened . I was very disappointed in the principle for allowing the teacher to label my daughter as the trouble maker . While she had to be accountable for what she did, as she should be, no other student involved in the act was not. all the focus was on her . I really learned a big lesson. Since it is a great community to live in. Don't always trust the judgement of the teachers and principal.

Posted May 08, 2007
We Love this school! The quality of the teaching staff at this school is above and beyond what I expected. Mr. Miranda (K) makes learning fun and exciting, my son's kindergarten experience was one that will stay with us forever. Mrs Fienis-Curry is a teacher that has put excitement back into teaching. She brings out the best in every student and helps them be the best they can, as a student and peer. The music program is outstanding every child gets involved. The halls of this school are lined with wonderful works of art! Both my children are excited to bring me through the halls to show off their work, thank you to our art program! Gym class gets them going and excited about all sports.kids need to get their energy out and to get motivated, so thank you. This school offers a well rounded education for every student.

Posted February 15, 2004
My daughter is in first grade at Thomas Edison. Thanks to the help of her Kindergarten teacher last year, she was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome. She will face constant challenges throughout her life, but school is one that we are not too concerned with. Her teacher this year is wonderful. He is very understanding and is working with us to assure she has success. I had always heard what a great school Thomas Edison is, now I know it first-hand!

Thomas A Edison Elementary School
236 Grayton Road, Tonawanda, NY  14150
Last modified Thomas A Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.