Tonawanda, NY

Glendale Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2014
We moved to Amherst from the city to provide a better opportunity for our children. In hindsight we should have stayed in the city. The charter school he was in was more rigorous and the homework more meaningful. The way they teach math with games is a joke. They blame the common core but my friends in Kenmore who come from a much higher rated elementary school according to Business First are still being taught math the "normal" way. The principal here has no idea how to enforce discipline or keep the kids safe and my child and a couple others whose parents I have spoken to have been bullied and no real changes were made to improve the situation. A call and a letter to the district superintendent went unanswered...so as far as I'm concerned Sweet Home can keep their money and their high taxes because they don't know how to teach or really care about the children.

Posted June 20, 2013
I absolutely love this school, the Sweet Home District is a good one to be in! The teachers are thoughtful and skilled, and the meetings we have are always useful with take away information. The principal listens to concerns, and the staff put together wonderful events and programs that help the parents feel involved. I have nothing but good things to say about this school and the district in general! We moved here by pure *luck* knowing nothing about the area, so I felt the need to put in a review for others looking to move here from out of state.

Posted February 13, 2012
We have loved Glendale since our son first started there. He is now in 5th grade and will move on to the middle school next year. He has always had teachers that challenge him and understand his personality. He has been involved in many different activities and has grown academically and socially.

Glendale Elementary School 4

Posted November 02, 2009

Posted October 21, 2009
Glendale school really meets the needs of all our children.

Posted October 14, 2008

Posted August 19, 2008
My name is Joyce Brace and I am the principal of Glendale Elementary School in the Sweet Home Central School District. I would like to thank all of the parents for their comments about Glendale. I would just like to clarify a few points. The Sweet Home Central School District is located in the towns of Tonawanda and Amherst, which are suburbs to the north of Buffalo. Our students all live within the school district and all students are bussed to school. At each of the 4 elementary schools some students are bussed from the areas close to the schools and some students are bussed from the northern most part of the district where one school cannot accommodate the population. Students are not bussed to Sweet Home from the City of Buffalo since they have their own school district. Once again, thank you for your comments!

Posted March 31, 2008
When a district has lots of money, the children are fortunate. The children from needier districts aren't so fortunate. It is not fair. Do not misintepret money as superiority. Everyone deserves the same advantages, no matter their income or family support.

Glendale Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2008
Teachers are excellent, but do to busing in of non district students from the inner city and other areas it brings the other kids down. Since the parents of the majority of these kids are not present or take interest in the education of them. It is a problem that is getting worse in the district itself.

Posted February 05, 2007
Glendale is a quality school. It teaches work ethics; communication; self-respect/respect for others safety, (are only a few positives). My son is now in second grade, and began as a Kindergartner at Glendale. We moved into the S.H. area for that reason. A decision well made.

Glendale Elementary School
101 Glendale Drive, Tonawanda, NY  14150
Last modified Glendale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glendale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top