Tonawanda, NY

Riverview Elementary School 4

Posted June 25, 2013
Overall, we have been very happy here, the teachers are great ! we have had some problems with bullies in the past that were not handled correctly but things seem to have improved over the years

Riverview Elementary School 3

Posted March 10, 2011
I agree that the majority of Riverview's staff is well-qualified,& the majority of the teachers&teacher aide's are mostly kind and helpful. I do however have a problem with my son's 3rd grade teacher,he's been teased, made fun of, and ridiculed INSIDE his classroom as well as on the bus; when my son's teacher decided she was ready to discuss these things with my son, another student wanted to ask her a question-she never came back to speak with my son, and this has happened on at least 3 occasions. His teacher is more concerned with calling our house TEN times a day. Im NOT exaggerating AT ALL. Also, when my Mother passed away in Oct., she pulled my son aside& told him that there was "no reason he needed to miss a week of school because of his Grandmother's funeral"- This was extremely hurtful& inappropriate. M Mother partially raised my son, and we lived with my parents for 7 out of the 8 yrs of my son's life. She brings up his "focus", well, if i was being teased constantly, and NO ONE would help me, I'd have a hard time concentrating too. My son recieves help at home everynight &he works hard-which leads me to ask-If SHE'D address the bullying-would my son please her THEN??

Riverview Elementary School 5

Posted February 13, 2011
I am parent of two elementary children, in Pk and 1st grade, for the past three years my children have been involved in the Tonawanda City School district. My oldest son started Pk at Mullen School and then the following year at Riverview, while some parents in the community have had some reservations about the City of Tonawanda s redistricting, I can say as a parent who frequently volunteers in the schools and attends the community events, each and every teacher and staff member has truly amazed me with their sincere dedication and support to this district no matter where they are placed to teach. Many of our teachers have small children and families of their own and do not live in the Tonawanda district, yet they always put 110% effort into their roles as teachers and mentors and participation in community affairs. I choose to live here and am committed to making this a great place to live and have my children attend school.

Riverview Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
This school year they redistricted our schools, and at Riverview we have Pre-k thru 3rd grade. We also have a bunch of new teachers at Riverview and they all seem to be on the same page. Our kids are excited about the new changes at the school.

Riverview Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers at Riverview make it a warm and inviting place to be. My daughter feels safe there and is excited to wake up each day to attend.

Riverview Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2007

Riverview Elementary School
55 Taylor Drive, Tonawanda, NY  14150
Last modified Riverview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top