Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

Although my son has not encountered this at Riverview, he will someday. I have to say I've heard from other parents how proactive the school is on bullying.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Principal and staff are great and lead by example

Develops character: Strongly agree

Different leadership programs instill this in the students.

Amount of homework: Agree

My son brings home a very manageable work load for a 7 year old. It takes him about 45 minutes to do his extra work. We also ask he reads for 30 minutes each night since he's entered the 2nd grade. He has already completed two books. Granted, they are not War and Peace, but for a 2nd grade student to sit and read a national geographic for kids, that's great. What he doesn't get, I try to explain. His teacher is very happy with his progress in reading and comprehension.

The staff is simply the best there is. From the Principal (who really cares) right down to the Bus Drivers who get our son there. They are great. There is even a Board of Education member who even brings Dr. Seuss books and some Disney movies in for the kids to see and to read and learn. I found out he went to this school when he was a youngster. This is a School and a district that cares about their students. We moved to Tonawanda from North Tonawanda and couldn't be happier with our son's education start. Next year is his last year at Riverview (he's in 2nd grade now) and then it's on to another school within the District. We've already met the Principal of that school at a PTSA event. He is nothing short of marvelous. Thank you Tonawanda District Schools. Our daughter will be there in two years.

Overall, we have been very happy here, the teachers are great ! we have had some problems with bullies in the past that were not handled correctly but things seem to have improved over the years

I agree that the majority of Riverview's staff is well-qualified,& the majority of the teachers&teacher aide's are mostly kind and helpful. I do however have a problem with my son's 3rd grade teacher,he's been teased, made fun of, and ridiculed INSIDE his classroom as well as on the bus; when my son's teacher decided she was ready to discuss these things with my son, another student wanted to ask her a question-she never came back to speak with my son, and this has happened on at least 3 occasions. His teacher is more concerned with calling our house TEN times a day. Im NOT exaggerating AT ALL. Also, when my Mother passed away in Oct., she pulled my son aside& told him that there was "no reason he needed to miss a week of school because of his Grandmother's funeral"- This was extremely hurtful& inappropriate. M Mother partially raised my son, and we lived with my parents for 7 out of the 8 yrs of my son's life. She brings up his "focus", well, if i was being teased constantly, and NO ONE would help me, I'd have a hard time concentrating too. My son recieves help at home everynight &he works hard-which leads me to ask-If SHE'D address the bullying-would my son please her THEN??

I am parent of two elementary children, in Pk and 1st grade, for the past three years my children have been involved in the Tonawanda City School district. My oldest son started Pk at Mullen School and then the following year at Riverview, while some parents in the community have had some reservations about the City of Tonawanda s redistricting, I can say as a parent who frequently volunteers in the schools and attends the community events, each and every teacher and staff member has truly amazed me with their sincere dedication and support to this district no matter where they are placed to teach. Many of our teachers have small children and families of their own and do not live in the Tonawanda district, yet they always put 110% effort into their roles as teachers and mentors and participation in community affairs. I choose to live here and am committed to making this a great place to live and have my children attend school.

This school year they redistricted our schools, and at Riverview we have Pre-k thru 3rd grade. We also have a bunch of new teachers at Riverview and they all seem to be on the same page. Our kids are excited about the new changes at the school.

The teachers at Riverview make it a warm and inviting place to be. My daughter feels safe there and is excited to wake up each day to attend.

Last modified Riverview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.