Posted March 03, 2012
Excellent School, small and personal, love the music teacher she is the best, Mrs Knoerl is an inspiration to all her students, Sheila the gym teacher/librarian is also amazing, best teacher academically in the school is the first grade teacher Mrs Babcock a loving and sweet teacher to all her students even after they leave first grade........

Posted January 20, 2011
A great starting block for life! St. Francis prepared me for highschool, and the teachers really know what they are doing. Mrs. Newbigging, Mrs. Misso, Mrs. Maloney, Mrs. Neumeister, Mrs. Angelo, Mrs. Miranda, Mr. Pinto, Mrs. Saltarelli, Senora Sales, Mrs. Knoerl, Mrs. Bacock, Mrs. Oliveri, Mrs. Bieneck and Mrs. Bacon are the best!

Posted January 20, 2011
St. Francis is a great place for learning, Jesus, and meeting wonderful people. The families there are very close and are always welcoming new people. Teachers try to connect with students and help them not only with their class, but in all academics. The teachers really care about the students. St. Francis helped me academically. I now attend Canisius Highschool on a scholarship and my grades are just as high as kids coming out of top schools like Nardin Elementary. I went to St. Francis from Pre-K 3 through 8th grade and Im very happy that my parents sent me there.

St Francis Of Assisi School 3

Posted June 09, 2010
Fantastic teachers, lacking in administrative leadership. The new admisitration is well versed in academic theory, but lacking in practical experience. The principal is a great one for taking credit for the work others do, and favoring certain families. There are changes being made that are costing money, yet have no academic impact. The extra workload on teachers is enormous, and at what we are paying them, we should be embarassed! I hope the school stays open long enough for my children to graduate, and I hope the teachers that are there now are able to stay.

Posted June 06, 2010
Excellent school!!! The new Principal is wonderful and he is doing great things for our children.

Posted May 06, 2010
I give high praise to St. Francis for the excellent education I know my children are receiving academically and otherwise. I was at another parish, decided it was time to change schools, and did a ton of research comparing several local private schools. St. Francis stands up academically with the best in the area and are at about HALF THE COST!! What impresses me most is the tenure of the faculty, I think it is well over 10 years, instead of the turnstile that was at the last place. I agree that the new Principal's methods are taking a little adjusting and I do wish he was more social with the students, but with this parish Priest overseeing the School I have no concerns about the direction of the school.

St Francis Of Assisi School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
I agee with the person who believes that St. Francis is run more like a business than a Catholic School. The new administration has totally changed the family environment. This school is supposed to exhibit Christian Values and love and it is totally different now. I also know that the new administration has caused lots of heartache for many people including faculty, staff and parents.

St Francis Of Assisi School 3

Posted April 10, 2010
This school used to be a 5 star school. Unfortunately, for some reason, they hired a new principal that is more of a business manager than a principal. It has lost its 'family' feeling and seems to be more like a public school. I know that time marches on, but there is no longer a happy feeling surrounding the school.

St Francis Of Assisi School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
We jsut switched to St. Francis this year and the other parents have made this such a nice switch. They are helpful, sharing, outgoing, and generally show thier love of the school. As for the acqademics and the teachers I'm still a hung jury, as we aren't even past the first marking period in our first year there.

Posted September 21, 2008

St Francis Of Assisi School
70 Adam Street, Tonawanda, NY  14150
Last modified St Francis Of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis Of Assisi School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top