K-2, 5-8
Public charter
Troy, NY

Posted August 30, 2014
This school is AMAZING!!! Yes the children have to work really hard, but that is what school is for. They have PE and Performing Arts which are more laid back. But that is the problem with schools today children have too much idle time. Idle time is time where fights break out and all sorts of unnecessary things that should not occur at a school. My children have been there since Kindergarten, so four years now and they are extremely advanced. Life is not about cupcakes and dandelions, it is about working hard ton achieve your dreams and they learn that at Troy Prep. -Chante R.

True North Troy Preparatory Charter School 1

Posted August 17, 2014
Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE. I would give it 0 stars if I could, it's more of a prison than an actual school. Sure, it may seem nice, but that's exactly what they want you to think. They sugarcoat it until your child digs themselves deeper and deeper into it, exposing the ugly truth of it. And sure, you're child may be getting better grades on the outside, but what is on the inside of their heads is a storm of pure depression. If you want your children to be social and make lots of friends (You know, have an ordinary life), this is NOT the place for it. They will have absolutely ZERO communication with others. The only thing they care about is your child getting better grades and putting them into a better light. It's always college this and college that, they honestly don't care WHAT your child thinks. If you hate it there, tough love. It will only make it worse. I have seen the horrors of it inside and out. Please, if you really do care about your children, DO NOT TAKE THEM TO THIS SCHOOL!

True North Troy Preparatory Charter School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
Teachers are great but the kids dont have enough free time.. dont have recess... just study, study.....

True North Troy Preparatory Charter School 4

Posted August 02, 2012
i heard so much about this school ,iam very interest in applschool for my grandson.

Posted July 02, 2012
My oldest son will be in the first graduating class from Troy Prep in the upcoming 2012-2013 school year. Having been a parent of a prepster since day one of the school I can not rave about it enough. My son has thoroughly enjoyed his time at Troy Prep. He has a 3.75 average and absolutely loves his school, teachers, and classmates. Like the other parent my son has ADHD and this school has done him wonders for his confidence and his overall behavior. He knows each and everyday what is expected of him and strives to be a leader. All the staff make a great effort to know all the children in the school from K-8th and make the kids feel like they are part of a great community. Academically they are far above all the local public and private schools. In 6th and 7th grade my son was doing math that I learned in 9 and 10th grade. All in all i recommend to all parents that are looking for a school that has fantastic academics, a strong sense of community , and lets the kids know from say one that each and everyone of them can go to college!!

Posted November 08, 2011
I am a parent to a child that is extremely ADHD. Before enrolling my son into Troy Prep, his elementary school allowed him to 'call the shots.' He wasn't a bad student - he was just given so much freedom to walk out of class or do whatever he wanted... and his grades suffered. He hated reading; he wouldn't even read comic books. Troy Prep has given him the stability that he has needed to succeed. The rules don't vary for the students - and as a parent of a child that needs a firm schedule, guidance, support... I really appreciate Troy Prep. My son has learned that he can be equal to all of his classmates. And most impressive of all - my son is reading. Not JUST reading, but enjoying to read... novels by authors I never thought he would even attempt to read. He reads on his own and I love it. Hats off to the staff for everything they do to provide the stable, caring, supportive and firm enviornment to these children. I can't say enough good things - honestly. You just can't go wrong with this school. To see my son work hard, stay focused... get on the honor role, enjoy reading... enough said! If you asked my son what was the best school ever - he would say TROY PREP!

True North Troy Preparatory Charter School
2 Polk St, Troy, NY  12180
Last modified True North Troy Preparatory Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-2, 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
True North Troy Preparatory Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top