Troy, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted April 21, 2014
If you are looking for a school that is family oriented, that have staff that go out of their way to be kind and loving to faculty, children, and families, then look no further than Sacred Heart School in Troy, NY. Having gone to Catholic school my whole life, I learned the importance of not only academic learning, but the importance of character education as well. And you just do not see that in public schools. There is a respect at Sacred Heart among teachers, faculty, and children and they don't just "talk the talk," they "walk the walk." Right now I am substitute teaching at Sacred Heart. I have worked many places and none compare with Sacred Heart. I tell anyone who will listen just what a great school it is. The teachers have a passion for teaching and they breathe that passion into their students. If I had school aged children and was debating where to send them for their education, it would be Sacred Heart in Troy. Children need to know how to live good lives and how to give back. They will learn this at Sacred Heart in addition to academics. Kudos to Sacred Heart for remaining to be the hidden treasure of Troy.

Posted April 20, 2014
Sacred Heart School is one of the best financial and academic decisions my husband and I made. We have two daughters that attend there; one in third grade and one in the Early Childhood UPK Program. Our daughters have learned so much that we continue to be blown away by the staff and their daily academics. The girls' academics are up to date with the most extensive Common Core Standards which have helped my daughter in third grade be all the more comfortable when taking the New York State exams. We are pleased with the fact that faith plays a wonderful role in their daily lives. The faculty and staff treat all who enter Sacred Heart with the utmost respect and willingness to help. My girls are thrilled that with budget cuts that are affecting the public schools, that our school still offers all our "Special" classes on a daily basis, (Music, Physical Education, Art,Library, Spanish and Technology).We would have never expected this school to exceed our expectations, but we have been blown away by our daughters' successes! Sacred Heart holds true to its motto: "A small school with a big heart!"

Sacred Heart School 2

Posted May 24, 2013
This school is not what it was. There is a lack in leadership and authority. Situations between students are poorly handled, if they are handled at all it usually is when a parent complains even then not much gets done. Teachers choose favorites, they will listen to one student over another. Sometimes not allowing some children to tell their side or telling that child they can't be trusted. When in all reality this is done for political reasons. The children are constantly criticized, there is no constructive criticism. The way some teachers speak,act and dress are totally inappropriate for a catholic school. The diocese should really take a closer look. Don't think the personnel will treat your child with the same respect as when you are there, because their demeanor drastically changes when your not. If your looking for a good school to send your child think again about this one, they let anyone go here so you will find the same issues that most public schools have. I am sorry I spent the amount of money I have just to have my children tell me how much they hate their school. If it wasn't for the fact they have made many friends I would have pulled them from here.

Posted February 26, 2010

Posted October 15, 2009
My children have attended Sacred Heart School for 7 years. It it the most wonderful experience and have not had one regret.

Sacred Heart School 0

Posted August 21, 2009
My grand child started school here in the 4th grade .I can not thank them enough she did great if I could rate this school on a scale from one to ten I would give the school a rating of a ten thank you very much for everything you did.

Posted April 06, 2009
My daughter has thrived at Sacred Heart. In my view there is no better school in the Capital District. Small classes, excellent academics, caring staff. Homework/projects which are not 'busy work.' Teachers who go above and beyond. Worth every penny.

Posted February 03, 2009

Posted June 12, 2008
We could not have chosen a better school for our child. The faculty and administration all support our children's growth, acadmic achievement and Catholic identity. There are opportunities for gifted and struggling students. All one has to do is ask and the faculty and administartion put their heads together and make a plan. We do not regret the sacrifices we have made to send our child to Sacred Heart (Pre K - 6th grade).

Sacred Heart School 0

Posted May 13, 2008
A nice, small school. I love Fr. Vaughn, Mrs. Nixon, Mrs. McCaffery. Generally, an enthusiastic staff.

Sacred Heart School