Troy, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted November 06, 2014
I haven't got enough kind and good words for the Susan Odell Taylor School. They're generous and wonderful, and truly a welcoming community. This is a fantastic place to bring your child to learn, and the people who make it happen really care about the kids who attend. The smaller class sizes, the combined 1-2/3-4/5-6 grades, the summer programs, the afterschool activities, and the quality curriculum have made me not only a believer but an advocate. You can't go wrong with this school.

Posted April 22, 2014
Fantastic! A nurturing and engaging school. The teachers are extremely capable and caring, and there is a true feeling of community in the school. Great summer program as well.

Posted March 04, 2013
This school is way under-rated in my view. With excellent teachers, academic director and principal, this school has unmatched qualities in tuning a child for future challenges of the future. This is a great school by any means.

Posted February 13, 2013
This fabulous school has encouraged, challenged, supported, and nurtured my daughter to be the best she can be - all the while having fun, being creative, and learning leadership and social skills that will serve her well in future schooling. We love this school.

Posted December 29, 2012
My daughters have been attending the Taylor School since they were school aged. From day one they have love every minute. I would recommend this school to all parents with children grades pre-school through sixth grade. ***** By the way I'm in fifth grade and i am using my father's computer and i have learned that talking like an adult is hard.*****

Susan Odell Taylor School 2

Posted December 12, 2012
I took my son out of this school after 2 years because he was anything but joyful about learning there. He was struggling with academics and stressed out and the teachers and administration did not take my concerns seriously! After he started going to public school he became a much happier kid, and he finally started reading! He also told me after the fact that he was being bullied at Taylor school! I wish I had known sooner, and that I had pulled him out of that school sooner. To think that I was paying for that!

Posted June 11, 2009
I have two girls, ages 3-1/2 and 8. They love the school. The last day of school is always the saddest day for them. The education is amazing. Many in our family are educators; all are impressed with the Taylor school. Math, writing, reading, science, social studies are all fun and all taught at the highest level. Making the material fun is a key part of the school's educational philosophy. But elementary education goes far beyond academics. Learning skills, social skills, manual skills, art and music are also incredibly important and in teaching these skills the Taylor school also excels. One example, the Taylor school PK and PS kids are allowed to attend many events, for example, classical concerts, that are not open for kids that age. But the event organizers know that the Taylor school kids have the skills to sit quietly and politely.

Posted November 21, 2008
This is a great school. My daughter loves to go to school everyday and learns a lot . They have lots of activities for the kids.

Susan Odell Taylor School 0

Posted August 28, 2007
my daughter loves to learn, and I attribute much of this desire to the dedicated and talented teachers at the Taylor School. This is truly an amazing school for young learners

Posted June 20, 2007
This school is truly amazing! Nurturing Joyful Learners is their 'mission statement.' They truly succeed. Every child is recognized for his/her own strengths and taught accordingly. They love going to school and learning. Learning is cool at the Taylor School.

Susan Odell Taylor School
116 Pinewoods Ave, Troy, NY  12180
Last modified Susan Odell Taylor School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Susan Odell Taylor School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top