Trumansburg, NY

Charles O Dickerson High School 2

Posted August 03, 2014
At this point in time tburg hs is not serving the needs of high performing students. Many parents have individually spiken with administrators. Advanced classes are being cut out and teachers let go. Board of ed minutes show two big adminisrative jobs creayed achool year 2013-4 asst. Superintendent and assist director of technology. Hs principal's wife hired into rare newly created teaching asst position same school year --see boe minutes. School is riding on high test scores of a handful of students. There are sone good teachers but a lot have retired. Focus is not at all on high performing kids -- you're on yiur own. Current hs principal cycled thru many 4-5 districts before landing at tburg in a time of "drama". He was a guidance counselor specializing as per his job and masters thesis in troubled kids.

Charles O Dickerson High School 5

Posted June 03, 2011
Trumansburg has been ranked highly in terms of academic success, the sports programs are successful, community involvement is high and opportunities, such as AP classes, College Credit Courses, BOCES and New Visions are promoted and available. Teacher quality is in my opinion average, with many outstanding teachers but a few that are below average. As a four year student I felt welcome and achieved a high level of success, but sometimes frustrated as I never was given the classes I wanted and inability for staff to act. Trumansburg has a good learning environment- very little bullying and the staff is friendly. Trumansburg has dealt with recent controversial events very well and quickly.

Charles O Dickerson High School 1

Posted July 01, 2005

Charles O Dickerson High School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
My youngest graduated two years ago. The HS principal gave the worst speech at commencement that I ever heard. The teachers are quite good but getting old. Most of the coaches are very good but the football coach was terrible. The administration should have fired him with a hazing incident along with poor judgement on use of players and overall strategy.

Charles O Dickerson High School 4

Posted August 26, 2003
My Son will be a Freshman this year (2003-2004)and although I don't know about Teacher Quality or Parent Involvement yet - I'm sure they will rate just as high as the rest! At my Son's Moving-Up Ceremony this past Spring, I had the pleasure of meeting the High School Principal. His speech was inspiring and it reminded me that I am giving my children the best Education I possibly can by sending them to Trumansburg!!

Charles O Dickerson High School
100 Whig Street, Trumansburg, NY  14886
Last modified Charles O Dickerson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles O Dickerson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top