PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

What a great school. Both my daughters are extremely happy here. The school environment is diverse, nurturing & delivers a high quality education through wonderful, highly qualified teachers. Great facilities including a beautiful new state of the art gym, extra curricular activities incl sports and clubs, all classrooms are equipped with chrome books for blended learning in all grades, and there is strong principal leadership. Our school families are warm and welcoming and we have highly active and effective parent association in place. We could not have picked a better school for our family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are incredible and have an average of 16 years of teaching experience. All have Masters Degrees or are in process.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school principal is rooted in traditional Catholic values and enforces relatively strict code of conduct where students learn the consequences of poor actions.

My husband and I have three of our four children at ICS (the youngest will start there next year). We have nothing but positive things to say about this excellent school. The teachers are nurturing and communicative, and the technology and extracurricular offerings are on par with even the best Westchester public schools. The children are taught Catholic teachings and values and it shows in the way they conduct themselves every day. I am so glad we have made this choice for our family.

Immaculate conception has exceeded my expectations so far. I have a fifth grader in the school and have to say that every teacher at ICS is gifted. They inspire learning and nurture the whole child. The school is thriving despite what others below may say. The principal is dedicated to the school and to the children. Over the past 4-5 years, ICS has grown in leaps and bounds. Enrollment is strong and after years and years of hard work, the school has a beautiful gym. The home school association is extremely active and while there is a lot of fundraising, it is for a greater purpose. I am so glad that we made the decision to send our child to ICS rather then our public school not only because of the education that she is receiving but because of the values that are infused into the curriculum.

This is what you need to know about this school: Wonderful teachers with Masters degrees that have been in the school for years. Up to date with technology, 2 web pages, smartboards in every classroom, technology room. Nurturing and safe environment, catholic values, great curriculum that includes one Foreign language (with the option to learn another in the after school program). Numerous fun events through the year, including a big carnival in June that the whole community enjoys immensely. Beautiful building and outstanding grounds, with baseball field, and a brand new High school size gymnasium. I don't know a better place for my family. We have been 7 years in this school and we have enjoyed it year after year. I highly recommend it Ps. There has never been a charge for the Christmas show. I don't understand why anyone would invent such a thing.

My 8th grader is a testament to the quality education that ICS affords it's students. Admitted to all of the HS she applied to with offers of scholarship and honors programs. She has made lifelong friends. The focus on not only the academic aspect of Catholic Schools but also the emotional well being and spiritual growth renders ICS an exemplary choice for anyone looking for a warm challenging parochial environment. Reviewers who made claims about being charged for Christmas pageants and the like are either gravely mistaken or have difficulty telling the truth.There has never been any such thing.

This is a cold, non-nurturing environment. This parish is interested in one thing only donations. I took my daughter here for an evaluation to enter pre-K. upon arriving I was seperated, from my then 3 year old daughter. She was sent into a room with about 15 children playing and an evaluater in the corner. I was taken to the principals office and questioned like Mary Magdalene!!! When I received the rejection letter, I called the school to find out why, I was told and I quote!! Your daughter refused to finish with the testing she stated she wanted to play with the princess castle, when compelled to finish testing she said "What am I doing here I dont like this school" the pre-K teachers, who look about 14 years old deemed her a behavioral problem"" P.S She now attend another Catholic school and there are NO issues with her. When I asked for my $50 registration fee back I was denied! Dont waste your time or money ! WHAT A BuNCH OF CREEPS!!!!

My family is very happy with ICS. The education my children are receiving is great, the teachers are excellent and innovative, I see that from the academics and ways of teaching are fresh and new. There are smartboards in every classroom, challenging academics and caring staff! ICS as a whole, has a great sense of community, parents are always involved in the many activites happening at the school. There is an open door policy from the administration, the HSA and the Pastor. After reading some of the previous reviews, they are obviously from a small few that have left the school this past year or graduated and now want to blast the school for some reason. Statements are false and inaccurate. As for the gym, that is the decision of the Archdiocese not the school. They are the reason the gym has not been started yet. The principal, has been there for 4 yrs and has made some positivie changes. If these people were that unhappy why did they not leave earlier? My children are getting a great education and having a great experience at ICS. My advice is to come and see for yourself how great our school is, do not be swayed by a few angry disgruntled folks.

The principal of this school should not even be involved in academics or anything that has to do with children. She is rigid, non-communicative, disinterested in nurturing and cares nothing about the student as a person. Her main focus is that everyone uniforms look good!!! The general consensus among the parents is that she is untrustworthy and not advocating for the kids. Few trust her. It is a shame because, under the previous administration, we were very happy there and there are excellent teachers there. But the principal is running it into the ground. And as for the gym they are "building," they have collected hundreds of thousands of dollars over the past 6 years and have never broken ground! Stay away from this place.

Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8