Posted September 19, 2013
Immaculate conception has exceeded my expectations so far. I have a fifth grader in the school and have to say that every teacher at ICS is gifted. They inspire learning and nurture the whole child. The school is thriving despite what others below may say. The principal is dedicated to the school and to the children. Over the past 4-5 years, ICS has grown in leaps and bounds. Enrollment is strong and after years and years of hard work, the school has a beautiful gym. The home school association is extremely active and while there is a lot of fundraising, it is for a greater purpose. I am so glad that we made the decision to send our child to ICS rather then our public school not only because of the education that she is receiving but because of the values that are infused into the curriculum.

Posted September 09, 2013
This is what you need to know about this school: Wonderful teachers with Masters degrees that have been in the school for years. Up to date with technology, 2 web pages, smartboards in every classroom, technology room. Nurturing and safe environment, catholic values, great curriculum that includes one Foreign language (with the option to learn another in the after school program). Numerous fun events through the year, including a big carnival in June that the whole community enjoys immensely. Beautiful building and outstanding grounds, with baseball field, and a brand new High school size gymnasium. I don't know a better place for my family. We have been 7 years in this school and we have enjoyed it year after year. I highly recommend it Ps. There has never been a charge for the Christmas show. I don't understand why anyone would invent such a thing.

Posted February 12, 2012
My 8th grader is a testament to the quality education that ICS affords it's students. Admitted to all of the HS she applied to with offers of scholarship and honors programs. She has made lifelong friends. The focus on not only the academic aspect of Catholic Schools but also the emotional well being and spiritual growth renders ICS an exemplary choice for anyone looking for a warm challenging parochial environment. Reviewers who made claims about being charged for Christmas pageants and the like are either gravely mistaken or have difficulty telling the truth.There has never been any such thing.

Posted January 10, 2012
This is a cold, non-nurturing environment. This parish is interested in one thing only donations. I took my daughter here for an evaluation to enter pre-K. upon arriving I was seperated, from my then 3 year old daughter. She was sent into a room with about 15 children playing and an evaluater in the corner. I was taken to the principals office and questioned like Mary Magdalene!!! When I received the rejection letter, I called the school to find out why, I was told and I quote!! Your daughter refused to finish with the testing she stated she wanted to play with the princess castle, when compelled to finish testing she said "What am I doing here I dont like this school" the pre-K teachers, who look about 14 years old deemed her a behavioral problem"" P.S She now attend another Catholic school and there are NO issues with her. When I asked for my $50 registration fee back I was denied! Dont waste your time or money ! WHAT A BuNCH OF CREEPS!!!!

Posted August 27, 2011
My family is very happy with ICS. The education my children are receiving is great, the teachers are excellent and innovative, I see that from the academics and ways of teaching are fresh and new. There are smartboards in every classroom, challenging academics and caring staff! ICS as a whole, has a great sense of community, parents are always involved in the many activites happening at the school. There is an open door policy from the administration, the HSA and the Pastor. After reading some of the previous reviews, they are obviously from a small few that have left the school this past year or graduated and now want to blast the school for some reason. Statements are false and inaccurate. As for the gym, that is the decision of the Archdiocese not the school. They are the reason the gym has not been started yet. The principal, has been there for 4 yrs and has made some positivie changes. If these people were that unhappy why did they not leave earlier? My children are getting a great education and having a great experience at ICS. My advice is to come and see for yourself how great our school is, do not be swayed by a few angry disgruntled folks.

Posted June 22, 2011
The principal of this school should not even be involved in academics or anything that has to do with children. She is rigid, non-communicative, disinterested in nurturing and cares nothing about the student as a person. Her main focus is that everyone uniforms look good!!! The general consensus among the parents is that she is untrustworthy and not advocating for the kids. Few trust her. It is a shame because, under the previous administration, we were very happy there and there are excellent teachers there. But the principal is running it into the ground. And as for the gym they are "building," they have collected hundreds of thousands of dollars over the past 6 years and have never broken ground! Stay away from this place.

Posted June 22, 2011
Going downhill fast. What used to be a warm and nurturing place has become cold and indifferent. In my opinion, this is due to the current principal. Her predecessor was wonderful (as was the assistant principal), but everything fell apart after they left. It's very sad, especially for the teachers (many of whom are wonderful). As for the Catholic aspect: the lack of nurturing shown to the children under the regime, and the dismissal of the Religion teacher, takes a big bite out of the spiritual nature of the school. If I had it to do over again, I would never have sent my children here.

Posted December 06, 2010
The principal of this school is so disrespectful, her manners are that of a military academy, she tells children that if she can't hear them then God can't hear them either. My son told me she said this to them. I am very disappointed with this catholic school, I think they use the term catholic to attract parents who want to raise their children with the values that Jesus taught, but they are far from that in all respects of their way of educating children. They even charge money for their christmas show!, they make children work for them basically. This is for them a "major fundraiser". This is so sad, they are teaching the opposite of what Jesus preached. Too sad to learn that Christmas has become a major fundraiser for schools. Parents that already pay tuition have to pay money to see their children in the school's christmas show. So much for a catholic education.

Immaculate Conception School 4

Posted November 09, 2010
I currently have 3 children enrolled at ICS. There are several catholic schools in the area to choose from, but by far I find ICS to be an inclusive, safe and strong learning environment. As a catholic school alumni, I searched for a strong academic and faith based education program for my children. ICS provides a welcoming environment, children are encouraged to mentor the younger students through school families. there are enrichment options, a school musical and many fun events throughout the year. Parents take an active role in the school, and this visibility shows the students, faculty and administration our determination to support the school. I have been in the school for 6 years, and very pleased with all the teachers I've met. The school has strong technology focus. ICS is one of the main reasons, we stay in this area. Keep up the good work!

Posted February 24, 2010

Immaculate Conception School
53 Winter Hill Road, Tuckahoe, NY  10707
Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.