Posted March 27, 2013
I'm a freshman and was nervous coming to high school. I was pleasantly surprised how friendly and close everyone was. The teachers are excellent, and genuinely care about helping students. Something different about this school is that students don't talk badly about teachers behind their back. Some classes are difficult, but the teachers and other students are always there for help. My grades have improved since I came here, classes I've been failing before, I have a full understanding of now, and I have great grades in all of my classes. The principal and assistant principal are reasonable guys, who understand the students yet keep order and enforce the rules. I would definitely recommend this school.

George F Baker High School 1

Posted February 15, 2012
Way to small adminstartion needs an overhaul Not enough sports clubs or activities staff not motivated

George F Baker High School 0

Posted November 10, 2009
This school offers the most challenging curriculums. my senior is engaged in a college level engineering program; along with regular offsite college courses in social studies and english. small school also offers closeness. teachers are first rate and care about absolutely all the students. this school is awesome!

Posted April 16, 2009
Excellent, the best school in the United States, I am sure of it! EVERYONE there is like family, I miss the school dearly and highly reccomend it to ANYONE, everyone shares an upbeat and fun spirit while still preserving that old fasioned sense of closeness, community and friendship! A beautiful school filled with inspirational teachers, counselors, librarians, even great cafeteria staff! Everyone is friendly, close, and there for you. Mr. Petrilak is a superb prinicipal who gets very attached to the students, he sees them as children of his own in a way, and truly cares and is concerned about there happiness. He wants to see his school smile. Dr. Tripkan is another great woman full of charge but also a charming comical sense that balances the schools sense of getting things done while having fun : ) I am a 2007 grad. of GFB, a place to grow

Posted January 29, 2009
Small but better for it. Every student gets the attention they need.

George F Baker High School 3

Posted December 12, 2008
Too small, but everyone knows everyone and teachers will help you one on one. Not enough sports, not that many choices. But the choices we do have, we excel at them greatly.

George F Baker High School 0

Posted September 26, 2008
As parents of a freshman from Greenwood Lake NY we have to say that after visiting the school, and agreeing to send our only begotten son...we were pleased. But recently we attended 'meet the teacher night,' and we were very impressed. The teachers are enthusiastic, and organized, and all around informative. It had a college setting and feel, and we were pleased to hear wonderful things from each teacher about our son. We pray Greenwood Lake NEVER gets their own H.S because they will never be able to offer such a Professional, fair, and all around fantastic experience to our children.G.F. Baker H.S was CLEARLY a place of 'intelligence' that Greenwood Lake could NEVER in a MILLION years at this rate TOUCH! Eeinna Akers

Posted June 02, 2008

George F Baker High School 1

Posted January 26, 2008

Posted July 13, 2005

George F Baker High School
Box 2002, Tuxedo Park, NY  10987
Last modified George F Baker High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George F Baker High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top