PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

What a wonderful school! The family events and music programs are the best!

We love it! I love that all third graders have a violin/viola class everyday. The arts program is wonderful. My children love all the animals as well!

The absolute worst. No parental involvement at all. The administration is deaf to the concerns of the parents. The previous post was submitted by the headmaster who has five children attending the school. Cheating by the students is common. My child, who is a honor student, has complained to me about all the infractions she has observed in class. When my wife approached the teachers she was quickly brushed. My child will be leaving the school next year but for those parents who are looking into the school do your investigation. Also the teachers take everything personal and bring their personal affairs into the class. My child shouldn't know anything about her teachers divorce. Again my wife approached the headmaster and the headmaster approached the teacher about it and my child was placed on detention. Its EXTREMELY frustrating when you cannot trust administration. No security at the school at all. Anyone can walk off the streets into the school. Again before you allow your child to attend this school do your own investigation because there are other better choices.

St. Martin Marianist school is like no other. My 5 children are attending this magnificent school that focuses solely on educating the mind, body, and spirit. Academics is certainly priority, although the staff & teachers' focus is to assist with the growth & development of each individual child. They encourage our children to be confident, giving, and loving towards others & contributing to society. The school environment speak for itself. St. Martin Marianist is our "Home Away from Home". This is the only school that I would want my children to grow and learn in :) God Bless the entire staff and the work that they do!

Absolute worst. Bullying is out of control. No support from teachers. Academic leadership is horrible. Teachers bring their personal business into class. Its horrible. Teachers are not approachable. Just bad! Currently looking for another school for our children.

There are three sides to every comment, the writer's, the reader's, then there is the truth. I feel that SMMS is a wonderful school. It is gratifying to know that the school develops the child and provides a foundation made up of strong Academics, Service, and Spirit. Sure, as a parent I have had one or two personal issues involving conflict with other students, but keeping silent doesn't help the situation. The teachers and administrators make themselves available and are willing to assist. SMMS is a much better alternative than most public schools.As a parent, if you can stretch you finances, elect SMMS...and see how the results speak for themselves in comparison to what the public sector is overcharging the public !!!! ....SMMS is the BEST :-)....Whereas, the PUBLIC schools cant fix up their MESS :-(

Our family just completed the first year with SMMS community. The classroom experience was exceptional. The teacher had excellent communication skills and was phenomenal with the class. With that, said, the adminstration was lacking a great deal. Without a parent association, the adminstration was condescending and dismissive. The head adminstrator does not seem to possess the authority to make decisions regarding simple situations which arise. I personally have experienced his lack of effective commucnication skills. This school has recieved a lot of favorable press. It is being touted as an alternative for communities that are educationally under served, however academically it is far less competitve than the other catholic schools within 10 mile radius. Personally as a parent, actively involved in all aspects of my child's education , I feel that this adminstration feels that they do not have to answer to the minority/Majority parental concerns. For my child to continue with this school and for me to recommend the school the adminstrative policy to disuade parental involvement will have to change.

I've personally witnessed the growth & development to this school over the past 7 years. This school is like no other. It focuses on educating the whole child. The faculty supports & encourages students to believe in their faith. The students grow into confident, giving, and intelligent young adults. When walking into the school, the atmosphere is safe, happy and welcoming. You can see a special "spark" in each of the students. Kudos and many thanks to the brothers, teachers, administrators, staff, and volunteers for forming SMMS into what it is today. It is thriving & I wouldn't send my children to any other school! :)

Hello, I am an attending student here at St. Martin de Porres Marianist (also shortened to SMMS). I have been attending attending the school since Kindergarten and will be going into 8th grade in September. Honestly, if I had to pick the best aspects of the school, it would have to be the animals, teachers, and clubs. The animal atmosphere of the school is just...amazing. I wouldn't trade it for anything. The teachers are amazing and have varying personalities, though many have become great friends and play a big role in my life. The after school clubs are awesome; I've found my passion for the art of Drama through them! If there had to be a problem with the school, honestly - it would be the students out of line and how they're dealt with. Personally, I've had horrible trouble with my teenage peers out of line mainly in middle school. They can be really rude and run a muck at times, thought I believe that appears in other schools too. Though, I'm happy it doesn't go as far as drinking/smoking/etc. Some children love it, some children don't. I can't necessarily guarantee parents their child's happiness, but it's worth a try! :)

There are so many problems with this school; the administrators make all the decisions and the teachers merely do what they are told. It is not possible for parents to have any input since there is no PTA and the school does not want to institute such a program. Students are expected to prepare for and take detailed comprehensive examinations each quarter when the focus should be on the development of skills and mastery of content-area material. Parents should do their homework; take a look at many other private schools prior to enrolling your child in this school.

Last modified St Martin De Porres Marianist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8