Utica, NY

Watson Williams Elementary School 1

Posted September 08, 2014
Not a good school for special needs children possibly any children. My daughter started here and in one year regressed from her previous school. The second year she was there she missed her first day because the school didn't pick her up. I dropped her off the second day and they LEFT HER AT THE SCHOOL. When I tried to call and talk to someone about it (mind you I was irate) they said "I'm not going to talk to you" and hung up the phone and wouldn't pick up again. If you can avoid this school I would highly recommend it.

Watson Williams Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2012
WatsonWilliams in not at all what I had expected. Dance class is no longer available at the school and isnt it the school of performing arts? The school priority in my opinion is handling student problems such as most of them have no respect for their elders and have fights most of the time expecialy on the buses.

Watson Williams Elementary School 0

Posted March 08, 2010
my children have promblems with lunch aidsand i think they should have more lunch aids

Watson Williams Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
As a parent of a child that needs that extra assisstance.I am involved in my childs educational needs.The statement that was made about parental involvment I myself am a single parent of 5,work and make sure I instill in my children education first! What happens to the children that need that extra push although you know your doing your best.I feel that the Parents and the Teachers need to work together and not when it just benefits them.[not speaking on all Teachers at W.W just some that I've encountered] Alot of these children are eager to learn not to yelled at because that child did not solve that problem as fast as his/her classmate.when I was growing up we were taught always ask no matter if it holds up the class,now the teachers get so angry. It' crazy! Someone explain to me what that child should do.Teachers need to be monitored

Watson Williams Elementary School 5

Posted March 08, 2007
I have two kids who have been at Watson-Williams for over 5 years, and every year they have had numerous classes in the arts, music, and dance. Right now, both have half-hour classes in music twice a week, art twice a week, and dance once a week. If a parent gives permission, a child can also attend orchestra, band, steel drums, choir, or dance classes every week. There are also other opportunities like On the Road dancers. Watson Williams also organizes one of the best musical productions every year. In December, all kids are invited to audition, and in January, they start rehearsing. Next week, our two kids will be rehearsing every day. The performances will be in April and May. Art students make the sets and students from many classes perform. In short, opportunities are abundant.

Watson Williams Elementary School 1

Posted July 06, 2006
It's supposed to be a performing arts school, but they only do that with half the kids once a week. The school actually is focused on using behavior modification/spiral drill type phonics and numeracy.

Watson Williams Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2005
The teachers at this school give 110%.They provide extra assistance to those who need it and push those at grade level to work even harder.The problem with this school is the lack of parental involvement.Students come into this school aleardy behind and the teachers have to race to catch them up.Parents need to realize that they are a huge factor in how well their students do.The teacher provides the information and it is up to the child with support from the parent to decide what to do with it.If parents don't show intrest or support in what the teachers do.There isn't even a PTO at this school.If a child missbehaves the parents say that their child did nothing wrong,taking no responsibility.The principal is never consistant with discipline.The school fares well only because of the teachers.

Watson Williams Elementary School
107 Elmwood Place, Utica, NY  13501
Last modified Watson Williams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watson Williams Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top