Valley Stream, NY

Posted April 24, 2014
Great School! This School Is The Best Ever! 5 stars i will give it! Awesome School :D

Posted April 14, 2014
This is an excellent school, the teachers are very good. The quality of education & attention given to each student is great.

Posted April 14, 2014
This is a great school for growing kids, the Principal & teachers really do care for the students. The classes are small & the kids get the attention they need. The extraciricular programs are also great & the school has a rich culture. The staff & us parents know each other very well. The teachers are always willing to listen to our feedback. This is a very good school, I think the parents that give their kids time at home do very well in the state exams.

Wheeler Avenue School 3

Posted August 02, 2013
The scores for the assessment tests are downward pattern. I think patents are more involved when the children are young. As the children advance, the parents may be spending less time with homework. Does this mean the third graders do well because of the parents or strong school and teachers? Does this mean the older graders who rely on school don't get enough learning? Parents do homework with your fifth and sixth graders. Wheeler your teachers and programs may not be as strong as you think. Just camouflaged by parents teaching at home.

Wheeler Avenue School 3

Posted August 02, 2013
My Daughter graduated from Wheeler and my son will be starting. I must say yes the teachers are great and caring but they really need to focus more on learning along with teaching.. We move our kids to long island for the schools and it turns out that there are parts of the city that children are getting a better education.. They spend more time with preparing for a state examine then actually teaching children..

Wheeler Avenue School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
The school is great! The new principal is amazing...she listens to what students and parents want and welcomes their suggestions. Same goes for the teachers and PTA. My son is starting 2nd grade and so far he loves this school.

Posted April 02, 2013
I love Wheeler Avenue School. The teachers care and work very hard. The parents are very involved and the new principal has done an excellent job. I hope this school continues to be this good.

Posted January 24, 2013
This is a great school. My daughter has been in this school since first grade. The teachers are caring and helpful. My daughter told me that they make learning fun and excited. She loves Wheeler. Their Music and after school sports programs are great.

Posted October 05, 2012
My son has been in this school district since Kinder. The teachers are wonderful and caring. They want to see their students excel.

Posted March 20, 2012
The teachers are wonderful. The principal is a great lady who will do anything for any student.

Wheeler Avenue School
1 Wheeler Avenue, Valley Stream, NY  11580
Last modified Wheeler Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wheeler Avenue School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top