Bad
Good

My child started Kindergarten at this school coming from a very close knit environment; despite my fear of bigger class size she has a great experience for the first 2 years. The teachers she had were great, they did a great job at teaching her independence and accountability. The curriculum is good even though they are learning more things at a younger age I think they benefit from it, unless they are coming from a school that is not at this speed (Its possible they may get lost in the shuffle). From what I saw in another parents experience, there wasn't an appropriate evaluation on educational level. This surprises me because I have to agree with the comments written below about emphasis geared on scores. The problems I see with this school are more so with the operation. I think the principal is very sweet and has good intentions but can do a better job with communicating among staff what may be going on with your child (including nurse and psychologist and teachers). I also think she emphasizes too much responsibility on the children if they are late, instead of the parent. Overall I think the child receives a good education.

This was my son's first year; 1st grade attending Hutchinson Elementary. The school is diverse in student body, well connected with the community. The teachers are very friendly and intune with students needs, and are always in communication with parents. The school makes a strong effort to keep the parents and student body aware of updates, events and ensures timely notifications of any changes within the school system.

Both my kids (now in Middle and High school) attended Hutchinson School. We always loved the highly diverse student body and the amazing teachers and leadership this school has to offer. It truly enriched our lives and our sons', My older kid is an A student and my youngest has a learning disability. Having had such different learners we have experienced first hand the effort they make to engage advanced students and to dramatically improve student's performance with greater needs. Loving, caring, professional... I always felt my kids received a tremendous amount of personal attention. Parents are tremendously active at this school - very involved. And it shows! They are doing a terrific job to support and improve Hutchinson Elementary School. I agree with other parent reviews that they don't get the same level of reputation as other schools in Pelham because of the diverse background of its students. I am also under the impression that most special ed students in Pelham attend Hutchinson School, fact that may have an impact on the school rating based on test results. Certainly teachers are A+++ !! Good job Hutchinson Elementary!!

GREAT SCHOOL! The teachers are all just great! They truly want the kids to do well. The principal is also great and she definitely cares about all the kids.

This is a fantastic school! Staff and school leadership are extremely caring, professional, and knowledgeable. The teachers are top notch! My child is thriving, and we feel very fortunate to be so welcomed in this school community.

this school is SO AWESOME (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is not hyperbole.) (LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hutchinson school is as good as the rest of the Pelham elementary schools but gets a bum rap. It's NYS test scores are somewhat lower due to the more diverse student body that attends the school, not because of less qualified staff or less rigorous academics. It's the only school in Pelham with any real socio-economic/racial diversity, which is an advantage to many parents, since it more closely resembles the real world. My kids are thriving in this school, and so will any other children with involved parents.

There is an obvious reason this grammar school is the only one in the Pelham District that did not score a 10 -- the principal is solely concerned with qualifying why her school's test scores have consistently dropped (blaming transfer students, since they did not attend from K forward and are primarily renters). The office staff is completely unknowledgeable, and tax money is ill spent. There is no accountability.

Hutchinson is a wonderful academic school with a great community support. Both of my children are learning and adjusting beautifully.

We love our hutchinson school.We are fortunate to have a wonderful principal and active PTA. The teachers are highly qualified, innovative and motivated. most children live within walking distance of the school,wich give us a strong sense of community . The PTA organises a lunchtime enrichment program offering language, cooking, crafts, dance etc. The curriculum includes art and music every week.

Last modified Hutchinson School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.