Bad
Good

I was very dissatisfied with the treatment my child received at this school. My child was bullied for months on end and tried to reach out for help, but staff would not listen. I was also told that staff was rude to and often punished students unfairly.

Extremely satisfied with the middle ( and primary) school in Pelham. This is our first year in the Northeast, after 5 years of private international schools in Asia. The academics here are just as good as the demanding Asian schools. The academic differentiation provides the "right" level of challenge for my kids with very different learning style and abilities (one is LD). The extracurricular offering - athletics, computers, languages, music , art, are plentiful. Net, the school is delivering about our expectations so far. Keep it up !

My children attended Pelham High from grades 9-11. We then moved upstate. I am so sorry we moved. Somers High School can not hold a candle to Pelham High. The staff at Pelham are so wonderful. They truly care about your child and are constantly finding ways to help him/her. They are in continuous touch with the parent. I truly miss the individual attention my children received from the Pelham Staff. Dr. Hergenrother, Mr Henry, Mr Huvane, Mrs. Waters, Ms. Ettinger, are all exceptional!

The school does a really bad job of acculturating the students into an academic environment. It is geared to a the high achieving students, who also are given all the extra curricular encouragement, and even the athletic opportunities. Such a soul-crushing experience for the average student, that many leave before high school. Look up the stats on LD support -- almost the worst in Westchester. The high achievers are downright mean and dismissive to the others, too. Do not make the mistake of sending your children there. Bad for all.

Im enrolling there next year im going to be in 8th grade I took many tours of the school every volleyball game I went to see Pelham would always win I cant wait im so excited for 2012.

We moved from Maryland to NY. This the best school if your child has a learning disability. My daughter could not read all through elementary school. The teachers worked together as a team to assist her. In three months she was reading now. This school is incredible best school.

If there was a name and good reason to move out of the madness that is New York city to improve the quality of life for my family it would be Pelham, we are happier healthier and most of all recieiving an education the likes of a private school . Our only wish is that there soon be more diversity so the children can have the advantage that city children have of learning to walk with people of all racial, cultural and economic backgrounds.

I currently am enrolled in Pelahm Middle School, and it is great. The teachers made me feel so welcome and there are so many new people to meet. There are some really fun afterschool clubs too; my personal favorite, art club. But that's just me. The point is, it's an excellent school, and you should consider enrolling your child(ren).

Pelham is really cool. I went there and I loved it.

Last modified Pelham Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.