Bad
Good

Clayton A Bouton High School 5

Posted September 05, 2014
My son is delighted to be a student in this High School. I asked him wheter he wanted me to enroll him in another school (maybe with more students, more athletics and more art clubs) and he answered "NOOO! I LIKE MY SCHOOL!" That makes me feel confident not only in the academic area ( the school always has been outstanding) but also because he feels happy!

Clayton A Bouton High School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
The Middle School and High School are separated but the 6-8 grade is not. This is NOT what you hear it is.My child has learned some pretty colorful words. The girls wear clothing that is skin tight. padded bars and walk around this way starting at 6th grade. They carry themselves without any character or self respect and yes the F word is their choice word. I as a parent am so disappointed with the environment at this school, that I am removing my child at the end of the year. There are MANY CLICKS. And those CLICKS are pretty mean to the other children. Such as calling names such as stupid, swearing etc. This is a very exclusive area and one would think that the children coming from the homes here would have a little more class, but that is simply not true. My child has never been so depressed in their life by this atmosphere. The Elementary is amazing. But the MS/ HS lacks any VALUES, CHARACTER, NOR MORALS. Though it starts at home, the school does nothing to address clothing issues on girls, also VERY SHORT SHORTS. Again on 6th graders. I am sick when I see it. I am disgusted w/ this school/parents and cannot wait until I can get my child out! I would NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL.

Clayton A Bouton High School 3

Posted December 14, 2013
I am in the 10th grade now, and there aren't any teachers that I "like". Most of the teachers take a long time handing assignments back, skip over slides on the PowerPoints and some of them are rude to students unnecessarily. As a student, there is some teasing going on at all times, but not really any bullying. There aren't many black people, maybe 2 or 3 per grade, and even less Asians and Hispanics. An upside is there are many clubs (Ski Club, Drama, Science Olympiad, etc.) and most people make the Athletic teams.

Clayton A Bouton High School 5

Posted December 23, 2007
This is an excellent school and is an honor to have my child go here. Very strict and hard at times , and this is what a high school is supposed to be like. Very Very safe. The only negitives are the lack of diverstiy.

Clayton A Bouton High School 4

Posted August 02, 2005
The Voorheesville Middle School is 6-8th grades and located in a separate 'wing' off the main high school. If you do not drive your 6-8th grader to school, he/she will be riding the school bus with the high schoolers so please be aware. I was not pleased that my 6th grader was learning some 'colorful words' used by the high school students riding the same bus. I think I was more upset that the bus driver and school faculty allow it (swearing is also heard in the hallways during normal conversation). The principal is difficult to contact, you have better luck with the school counselor. Most teachers have been great and supportive and that's probably more important. There are sports activities and clubs through the school and also outside school. Basketball is the #1 sport of choice in this school district. PTA is still prevalent and parents chaperone field trips.

Clayton A Bouton High School
432 New Salem Road, Voorheesville, NY  12186
Last modified Clayton A Bouton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.